Thread: Indicate laptop battery in hours in Vista

Indicate laptop battery in hours in Vista

Hi everyone

When I got my new laptop with Vista a specific function that I needed to know is how to make my vista to display battery in hours. For Vista by default gives battery life in Percentage% . Any tips to disable it remaining battery life in hours?

Re: Indicate laptop battery in hours in Vista

Make use of sidebar gadgets, there are many vista laptop battery viewing gadgets available which shows you battery life customizable according to your needs. Go to windows live gallery and search for battery life gadgets , you'll find many battery life gadgets choice. Good luck

I use MiniBatteryStatus windows vista gadget for my laptop, its nice. It monitors the amount of battery life you have left the battery to power your laptop. It monitors battery status, charge percentage and remaining life of the battery. Integrated with Growl to alert you when it's time to recharge your battery. MiniBatteryStatus is a Dashboard widget that monitors small battery status, charge percentage and remaining life of the battery. Download MiniBatteryStatus Vista Gadget Here.

Windows Vista Sidebar Battery Gadget

The Sidebar Battery Gadget supports displaying battery information in the sidebar. Features include:
    • View multiple battery status
    • Reports tired battery information
    • Responds to battery messages rather than polling to improve battery life and performance
    • Responds to overheated batteries

Many older laptops may experience battery fatigue. A full charge will frequently result in less operational time. As this degrades over time, it may be better to purchase a new battery. On supported hardware, this tool will inform you of the percentage of power available to you so you can decide when a battery may need to be replaced.

Re: Windows Vista Sidebar Battery Gadget

Quote Originally Posted by Nebersek View Post
    The Sidebar Battery Gadget supports displaying battery information in the sidebar. Features include:
    • View multiple battery status
    • Reports tired battery information
    • Responds to battery messages rather than polling to improve battery life and performance
    • Responds to overheated batteries

Many older laptops may experience battery fatigue. A full charge will frequently result in less operational time. As this degrades over time, it may be better to purchase a new battery. On supported hardware, this tool will inform you of the percentage of power available to you so you can decide when a battery may need to be replaced.
    Download it and install it, At the intallation software displaying the percentage%, there is still something to do. passing the mouse you'll get a small key mechanic just right, one click and you have a window, and choose their to display time with percentage, and you done. This time it is complete you can also see the other features of this excellent gadget .

chloechen Guest

Vista, while touted as having improved power management capabilities that would make it easier for users to extend battery life, isn't to some living up to that promise. The main culprit appears to be the Aero Glass interface, a spiffy new user interface that makes Vista more pleasing to the eye with transparent windows and animated transitions when moving from one application to another.

When Aero is turned off, battery life is equal to or better than Windows XP systems. But with it turned on, battery life suffers compared with Windows XP.

Microsoft made some important changes in Vista that do improve some aspects of battery life, such as smarter hibernation modes that override applications that want to keep running, and simpler options for choosing a power management setting. But laptop users who spent extra money on powerful laptops to handle the graphics requirements of Vista and the Aero interface are forced to run the aesthetic equivalent of Vista Basic, the low-cost version of Vista, if they care about battery life.