Thread: Unable to boot Mac os x from installation DVD

Unable to boot Mac os x from installation DVD

Hi,

I have a macbook pro machine. I tried to install Bootcamp, and now every time I start my Mac I just get a white screen. I have tried to put in the mac OS X disk, restart the machine and holding down the C button, but does nothing ... the disc spins, but nothing is displayed on the screen. What may be the problem ??? Why I am unable to boot Mac os x from installation DVD ??

Re: Unable to boot Mac os x from installation DVD

Usually, you can boot from the disk; to do so, enter it on your computer, restart the computer and hold down the C key Or, enter it on your computer and click the Install or Restore icon that you see on the disc's main window, after which the computer will boot from the disc without pressing the C key

The installer for Mac OS X ensures that your computer can use the version of Mac OS X you're trying to install. If you receive a message informing you that you can not install Mac OS X on this machine, although it should work with Mac OS X, you may need to install a firmware update. Restart the computer from the hard drive and install the latest firmware version available for your pc.

Is this the original optical drive? If you experience any problems, make sure you're using Apple's original optical drive that came with your computer (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, CD-RW, Combo drive or SuperDrive). This precaution is important only in three cases: If you replaced the original Apple drive unit than Apple, if you added a drive other than Apple to the second bay of a Power Mac G4 model with two bays, or if you are trying to install from an external drive.

If your computer will starts from any existing version of Mac OS, try copying the contents of the installation disk to your hard drive (if you have enough space). The ability to copy (but not install) the test is a simple data disk and hardware. If you find recurring errors, it is possible that the disk or hard disk are unusable.

Before starting the actual installation, the installation program checks the selected volume to ensure the integrity of the disc. If the check detects a problem that can not be repaired, it will start the installation. If you have access to another computer on which you can erase the contents of your hard drive or one of its sections, run the installation disc to make sure that the disc is in working condition. After the test installation to clean the disk or partition, if the terms of the license allows to install software only on one computer.