Thread: How to get the Special Characters in Windows 7?

How to get the Special Characters in Windows 7?

Hi there, I am having one query that i think can be solved here only and not any where else as i have gone to lots of forum but got the correct solution here only. I have just installed the Windows 7 and when i have started working on the MS word that i need to add the special character to it but don't know How to get the Special Characters in Windows 7. So ask the same to you to get the solution. Thank you

Re: How to get the Special Characters in Windows 7?

You can get the special character in the Character map which is the inbuilt command of the Windows and available in the all the Windows operating system. You can access it from the run box window. Just type the name of it in the search and you will get. And click on the character and then click on the copy button thats it now paste it on the Word file that you are using. Say thanks if you like the same.

As i have discussed above that i am new for the Windows 7 because i have just installed it on the system so having not more knowledge about it so that i am able to find the character map. I am unable to find the same as i have looked over the Windows 7. So will you please explain me full in detail. That will be appreciatable

This is very easy i don't why you did not get it but any ways just follow the step given below to perform the same. I hope that this time you will get it.
    Click on the Start menu
    On search type Character map
    Click on it,Character map will open
    Now select the character by double clicking on them
    Click on the Copy button
    Paste it wherever you want.

You can also get with the another method which is easy and does not require that much effort so just follow the instruction that i am giving you here to make the character map available for you. Click on the Start and then click on the Run. When the Run window will open type the Charmap.exe on it and hit enter key. This command will open the character map window. Say thanks if you like the same.

This is really ,working facility that has been provided by the Microsoft in the all the Windows operating system so if you want to access the same the you have to apply the above given method. type the Charmap in the run box will open this in the easy way so make that and start working with the same. To know more about this feature click on the link below.
    Shortcut for star special characters

ceasaro Guest

I was also looking voor an easy way to type special character and the ALT-key codes don't work quick and also the character map is not the way to go.

I tried out some possiblities and figured out that you can compose special character with the Ctrl-key. (like composing keys on a linux system). But sadly is looks like it's only working on microsoft office :-(.

To type é do the following: pressdown the Ctrl-key (keep it pressed) and then press de single qoute ('). Release the keys and now type de (e). Et voilÃ* there is the é.

Here's a list of compositions:
    Ctrl+' e = é
    Ctrl+` e = è
    Ctrl+: e = ë ( Ctrl+Shift+; )
    Ctrl+^ a = â ( Ctrl+Shift+6 )
    Ctrl+, c = ç
    Ctrl+, C = Ç
    Ctrl+@, a = å ( Ctrl+Shift+2 )

etc.

You can ofcourse change the e with an a,o,i or wathever letter you wan't to use to type the accent with it.