Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Making drives invisible in windows 7 using third party softwares

Operating Systems

Old 04-02-2010

Making drives invisible in windows 7 using third party softwares

I have recently upgraded my system from windows XP to windows 7. I would like to hide some of my drives in windows 7. These drives should not appear in the explorer and other location and also should not appear in the network. I have the administrator rights. please help me to achieve this in windows 7 operating system.

Old 04-02-2010

Re: Making drives invisible in windows 7 using third party softwares

Hello friends i think you need not have to install a third party software because the windows 7 itself has a very good inbuilt software called as the bitlocker. The bitlocker uses one of the best data protection technology and hence you should use the bitlocker data encryption of windows 7 to hide your drives.
Old 04-02-2010

As far as i know the Kemo Data Security suite 2. 0 is the ultimate solution to your problem. This is a wonderful software when it comes to data security. If you want to keep your valuable data secured and protected from theft and prevents unauthorized access and if you want to conceal your confidential data.
Old 04-02-2010

Cresotech PocketSafe 1.32 is one of the best security software for making your drives secure and hence i would recommend you this. It includes a lot of features including Customizable interface and other adjustable features make this software product user-friendly and easy-to-use. Perhaps It is quite handy to structure all the information you need for your employees, colleagues, kids or spouse.
Old 04-02-2010

Sounds as you don't know how to make the drives invisible without using third party softwares and hencee i have mentioned a simple procedure so follow that i have made a batch file to achieve this open the notepad and write the following commands

net share admin$ /delete
net share c$ /delete
net share e$ /delete

where c and e are the drive letters you want to make invisible.
Old 04-02-2010

I will suggest you to use Folder Security Personal to encrypt your drive since i have personally used this software and is quiet handy.It works with drive of all of FAT/FAT32/NTFS formats. Although this is a software for protecting the file but It also includes a proactive spyware defender, and is able to protect the Internet Explorer from being hijacked and to block installation of spyware, adware, and trojan horse etc.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,