Thread: Portable hard disk not responding after Windows 7 sleep

Portable hard disk not responding after Windows 7 sleep

I am using the compaq presario laptop which is running with the windows 7 operating system. Yesterday when i connected the external hard drive to the system and the system went to sleep but when the system came back to work from the sleep mode the hard drive won't work. I am not aware what happened but please help me to sort this problem out.

Re: Portable hard disk not responding after Windows 7 sleep

First of all tell me whether you disconnected the portable hard disk without using the safely remove feature. This might some time corrupt your hard drive data and hence your hard disk may not be detected by the system. Try to use your portable hard disk with another system and check whether it works.

In this case i will suggest you to download the check the hard disk with a different system because some time even tough the hard disk is connected but could not be detected by the system due to some kind of virus infections and so. After connecting the hard disk to another system scan it and then use it with your present system.

Verify whether you are getting power or not. Check whether the indicator's light is on or not. Firstly i would recommend you to check your power cable it might have damaged so buy another one or simply check your device with your friends cable. Also try to connect it more harder inside the fire port of your hard disk.

This situation clearly indicates that neither the cable is damaged nor your system is infected. You just need to update the driver usually the drivers get rolled back due to some internal operating system error and hence the solution to your problem is to reinstall the drivers again on your system.

Whenever the windows gets awakened from the sleep mode it does not remember the portable hard disk drive is connected. So you will have to initialize the Hard disk again. And hence replug the device and then the device will be detected by the system this is a type of design flaw you can't do anything.