Thread: Steady state for windows 7

Steady state for windows 7

i have recently purchased a brand new dell inspiron desktop which is installed with windows 7 prior to that i was using another desktop which was installed with windows XP operating system. Can you tell me whether the windows Steady state is compatible with windows 7. I would like to use this application with windows 7 too.

Re: Steady state for windows 7

As far as i know you cannot install windows Steady state application on windows 7. Since the Steady state application is not compatible with windows 7. The Windows Disk Protection function protection does not allow this function to get installed on your windows 7 system. Hope this helps you.

No windows 7 does not supports the windows Steady state application. Although it is a very good application which proves very effective if you are not alone in using your computer, Windows SteadyState can be useful. But you can try to install it using the compatibility mode for windows XP may start working.

Thanks for the replies , So if the Windows Steady state is not compatible with windows 7. can you tell me is there an application similar to the windows 7 steady state so that it becomes possible for me to impose some restrictions on user logins as the inability to display the name of user profiles, Ban locked profiles found on the computer, the prohibition to create folders or files, open documents from Office Internet Explorer, Or write to USB storage devices.

Although the steady state application cannot be installed in windows 7 but even though windows 7 provides some inbuilt feature regarding the same.

• Open Parental Controls by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under User Accounts and Family Safety, clicking Set up parental controls for any user.* * Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click the standard user account that you want to set Parental Controls for. If the standard user account isn't set up yet, click Create a new user account to set up a new account.
    • Under Parental Controls, click On, enforce current settings.
    • Once you've turned on Parental Controls for your child's standard user account, you can adjust the following individual settings that you want to control like Time limits, Games, Allow or block specific programs.