Thread: Unable to view thumbnail of .eps files in Windows Explorer

Unable to view thumbnail of .eps files in Windows Explorer

I have been receiving many .eps files. So i would like to view all these files as thumbnails in windows explorer, i am using Windows Vista. Unfortunately i am not able to see a thumbnail picture rather then an .eps icon. We know that how to see a thumbnail of a file on our desktop. I am in thumbnail view where for my photographs/images view. The problem i am facing is that where .jpegs, .gifs, and .bmps show their thumbnail pictures but .eps files doesn't show and it only show up an .eps icon. If anyone has a solution then pls forward it.

Re: Unable to view thumbnail of .eps files in Windows Explorer

I think if i am correct in assuming that to view .eps files they need a different software to view these files. I'll just say that if you do a right clicking on one of these files and select properties, and click on change which is near the top where open with option is available, when you select the program they use to view the files normally from that list and click on apply or OK button, I hope that re-associating it with the files may achieve the result what you are trying to get.

I hope it helps you or at least by this solution you'll get some idea.

To resolve the problem please follow these steps:

• Do a double click on My Computer.
    • On the menu bar, click on Options or Folder Options.
    • After that click the File Types button, and then click on New Type.
    • In the Type box, type Postscript.
    • Then in the Associated Extension box, type ps, .eps.
    • In Content Type box, there type "application/postscript".
    • In the Default Extension for Content Type box, click on ".ps, .eps," then click ok one more time click ok.

The people who encounter this problem, no solution is provided according to Adobe. In the Adobe Photoshop previous version, a .dll file called psicon.dll was installed which allows the Adobe files to have functionality with Windows browser. When Adobe CS version this function was discontinued. If a person who has upgraded to his adobe CS from an older version it, they will browse normally. A fresh install will not work.

There is a risk that you would lost your files in doing it so you should try at your own risk.

Dr. V Guest

I found solution to this topic, I had the same issue on this topic, so i started to solve this problem and found a possible solution. First open the folder where the pictures are, if you have several folders then its ok, From my opinion i think should apply to all picture formats which are available, when the folder is opened then click on View on the menu, then in the bottom of the list click on the "Customise this folder" there you'll find a property box appearing, on the top click on the "Customise" tab there you will see a drop down box, in that select the option for picture that you want, I set option to "Pictures", and finally click on apply. You should see a picture rather then icons.

I'll suggest you this software "Photomania Deluxe 6.59" it is an eps viewer.
    It is an application with ideal for acquiring, organizing, viewing, enhancing, and sharing your image files. It is a featured image viewer which quickly displays the images. It supports over 40 image file formats, which include PNG, BMP, ICO, EMF, WMF, JPEG, JPEG2000, MNG, TIFF, RAS, TGA, GIF, PCD, PSP, PCX, PSD, FAX, SGI, RGB, PNM, PGM, PPM, HIPS, BW, PDD, VST, ICB, VDA, RLA, RPF, CEL, PIC, PCC, SCR, EPS, CUT, IFF, RSB, LBM, ADA, XPM, SCR. It also supports image writiting option, Basic effects like Antialias, Colorize, Crop, Despeckle, Old look, Sharpen, Resize, Rotate.