Thread: How to install KDE 4.4 RC 2 on Ubuntu 9.10?

How to install KDE 4.4 RC 2 on Ubuntu 9.10?

I am using the Ubuntu 9.10 on my system. Now i want to install the latest desktop manager on it that is KDE 4.4 RC 2. I know that the default one is already set which is Gnome but i still want to run the KDE 4.4 RC 2. So if any one have the idea How to install KDE 4.4 RC 2 on Ubuntu 9.10? please help me so that i can have the latest desktop manager in it. Thank you

Re: How to install KDE 4.4 RC 2 on Ubuntu 9.10?

Hey, You have to take the first step to enable the Kubutu repositories. Now hit the ALT F2 as well as the Gnome terminal.Type the "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta" to add Kubuntu PPA. Now type this command to woke up the older KDE on the "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade". That all you have to do in order to install the same. Thanks

Hey what i have applied the following command but it does not work with the installation of the KDE 4.4 RC 2. So tell me how to make the installation of the same again with the proper step. I have searched for the KDE but i didn't found it in the system. Also let me know that which one is better. Either Gnome or the KDE 4.4 RC 2.

It seems that your system does not have the KDE installed in it as it has been seen in all the Ubuntu running configuration by default. but no issue if you are not having the KDE installed in the same the type the below given command in the terminal so that you can get the KDE 4.4 RC 2 installation easily. Say thanks if it work for you.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

Both of them have the different advantage of their use. Where Gnome has the better functionality to perform the operation as compare to the KDE 4.4 RC and KDE has the better looks. The KDE has the look that attract the user toward it. But most of the people now days are using the Gnome as it is older and trust able. So now its your choice which one to choose.