Thread: Applocker missing in windows 7

Applocker missing in windows 7

The Applocker is missing from my system. Although i can run all the application without it. But i could not find it any where on the system. Some of the policies created by me for locking out outlook 2007 can still be used by the standard user. and hence please tell me how can i get rid of this problem. thanks in advance

Re: Applocker missing in windows 7

This situation clearly indicates that your system is affected by some virus or bad programs and hence i would suggest you to download and install the malwarebytes antimalware utility. After this has been done update the malwarebytes program and then scan the system and delete the viruses which are detected.

Thanks for the replies but the mbam utility could not solve this problem and hence i downloaded the avg free antivirus and installed it on my system after updating it i scanned the system and it detected three viruses or threats and i removed all the three but this too could not solve my issue.

I think that your system needs to be repaired to make the applocker functional again. So use the recovery disc which you got from the manufacturer system and then select repair option. This will repair your files so that the applocker will appear again and you don't have to reformat your system.

To solve this problem you need to download the microsoft security essentials or MSE on your system and then install it onto your system after installing this update it and run a quick scan this will detect all the threats that might have corrupted your files remove these files and then repair your system. Applocker will appear once again.

I will recommend you to simply perform a system restore on your machine. Try restoring your system to a date before where your system was stable enough or where your applocker was working absolutely fine. After restoring the system you will definitely get your system working absolutely fine.