Thread: Enable Network Bridge on windows xp

Enable Network Bridge on windows xp

hi
    i just purchased personal computer.I have installed windows xp operating system in it.Actually i am confused about bridge system.I don't have much knowledge about network bridge.I want to use it for my home computer as connection of two different network.I don't know how it enable as well as disable. so anyone help me about network bridge.how do i enable it or how do i disable it?

Re: Enable Network Bridge on windows xp

Bridging is a forwarding technique used in packet-switched computer networks.Its not work like routing.Bridging makes no assumptions about where in a network a particular address is located.Windows XP contains built-in support for home networking.You can connect multiple computer to share data,share access to peripherals such as printers, or play multi-player games.A Network bridge connects multiple network segments at the data link layer (Layer 2) of the OSI model.If you want to connection of network bridge then follow A network administrator or engineer should be consulted prior to implementing a network bridge.

Network Bridge offers increased flexibility.A bridge and switch are very much alike,a switch being a bridge with numerous ports. Switch or Layer 2 switch is often used interchangeably with Bridge.It allow a mixture of media types and by automating the difficult configurations that are normally associated with mixed media networks.It create a software connection to link different types of network adapters together,joining the network connections.It also create a single subnet for the entire network.You can choose several type of networking technology, LAN media, which enables your computers to send information to each other.Some most common networking technologies like Ethernet,phone line,wireless.

If you use windows xp operating system then Sharing one Internet connection with all the computers on your network can reduce the
    cost of connecting to the Internet and allows all the computers on your home network to be online at the same time.Simple network bridges are inexpensive.It Reduce the size of collision domain by micro segmentation in non-switched networks.Network Bridge is useful on home networks with two physical network media, like Ethernet and 802.11b wireless.Ensure that Adding a bridge to an existing domain or corporate network may cause unforeseen consequences.So A network administrator or any system engineer should be consulted prior to implementing a network bridge for any help of disable or enable foe that system.

A Network bridge connects multiple network segments at the data link layer (Layer 2) of the OSI model.To translate between two segments types, a bridge reads a frame's destination MAC address and decides to either forward or filter but sometime network bridge does not limit the scope of broadcasts.As well as network Bridges are more expensive than repeaters or hubs.Ensure that it is not recommended to bridge between a local network and the Internet. ICS should be used instead.