Thread: Black screen with HP Pavilion dv2?

Black screen with HP Pavilion dv2?

My laptop HP Pavilion dv2 starts without displaying any image on the monitor (screen).

The fan mkes normal noise, the temperature also seems stable, but when turn off and restart, the indicator (CAPS LOCK) key is static (no light) ... and I do not know what to do since the device has no CD / DVD.

There are just two USB ports and card reader. Where does the problem please? How do I get out of this shit? Thanks for any help.

Re: Black screen with HP Pavilion dv2?

Which operating system friend? If it doesn't have any CD and DVD ROM then you could try out the USB DVD ROM or of possible then grab a bootable flash drive and try to reinstall your OS. This could be the way to resolve your issue. Hope this helps , good luck.

Does system doesn't start in safe mode? have you already try safe mode or last good known configuration options from the boot menu that comes when you press F8? If the caps lock light and num lock lights doesn't flash up then might be your keyboard is not properly connected. If able to boot successfully in safe mode then perform a full system scan with your antvirus, this could be reason of your system files damage.

Exactly the same concerns early December i faced ... CPU running fine but the screen showed "No Signal".

I have not had the curiosity to ask what had been but in my opinion is that the video display was screwed up! A type of hot-line told me to possibly even unplugged all the electrical outlet and keep the finger support at least 30 seconds on the button to start and then reconnect everything but unfortunately it did had no effect!

By chance there were no signs before crashed?

Resolve startup problems

Before attempting to resolve a specific error signal lights or sound, eliminate the possibility that one of your peripherals is causing the problem.
    Disconnecting external devices can solve a startup problem / refusal to boot.

• Disconnect any USB, PC card, card express card, eSata and Firewire any device and any other connected equipment such as a printer, scanner, camera, keyboard, mouse, port replicator or a station of home. You are also advised to remove any CD or DVD optical drive and any support being in the card reader if your computer is equipped.
    • Restart the computer. If the computer restarts after you have disconnected the external device, the problem is related to that device. You are advised to troubleshoot the faulty device.
    • If the computer starts normally and the Windows desktop appears no further action is required.

Replace HP Pavilion dv2 battery

Replace the battery and make sure the connection points have emerged.

• Check the adapter to verify that it is not damaged, then check that all plugs are plugged fully.
    • Determine if the power light on the adapter is turned on (if present) to make sure that the computer receives the DC power from the wall outlet.
    • If the computer works fine on AC power, charge the battery for thirty minutes to an hour and then restart the computer.