Thread: MAC restoration of system folders

MAC restoration of system folders

Hi,
    I am going to restore my MAC OS back again. It is because several time it takes a too much time to boot up. So a hard drive initialization can fix out the issue. I need some suggestions before doing that. All in all I have a single hard drive partition on the MAC system and the data is stored by default on the system folders in it. First thing is my requirement is that I want to install the operating system properly without any error or issues.

Re: MAC restoration of system folders

In all these cases, it goes so you have to initialize, format or partition your hard drive. I will not show you some techniques for performing such operations. If you have an external hard drive where you clone your OS X partition with Super Duper or another utility to make bootable clones, then you only need to clone this cloned partition again to your primary disk initialized.

You can also restore your system from Time Machine, if you have a partition dedicated to Time Machine. You can also set your primary partition, install Mac OS X, then run Migration Wizard to transfer your data or clone from another Mac to the newly installed partition. This is of course the easiest methods and faster to reinstall all the same. Hence the importance of having an external hard drive with a clone and / or Time Machine.

Be very regular backups (to CD or DVD) of the various freeware, shareware or updates that you download from the Internet. A good tip is that you create a burn folder named Software OS X volume # x somewhere on your hard drive, and when this issue will weigh about 640 MB - a CD - or 4 GB - to a DVD - and much to burn content to CD or DVD. This folder will be burn directly on a DVD in case of a restoration.

All the personal files are located in the default system folders. Like text, audio, photo, video etc. The easiest way is to make a backup of these documents to removable media Zip, CD, DVD, USB stick or disk external hard. just prior to initializing the hard disk. When you reinstall those files on your computer with a freshly reinstalled, you just simply drag and drop these folders / files from your CD / DVD / zip / external hard disk to your hard drive.

Remember, once your system reinstalled OS X on your computer, you will find that the system will naturally recreated these 7 files in your new system. They are like Videos, Music, Documents, etc. It will then relocate only the contents of the system files to the new folders with the same name and in no case files themselves authorities and the tree created by OS X. Do not replace the 7 new folders in your Mac Computer 7 files stored on your CDs or DVDs. This can generate system errors.