Thread: Disk Utility on MAC OS X

Disk Utility on MAC OS X

Hi,
    I had found a Disk Utility service on my Macintosh computer. A friend told me that I can use this tool for various purpose to examine and repair my hard disk. I am using lots of new applications on MAC and the same is then installed. Due to which sometimes sad mac appears. Then after doing some r&d things go fine. It will be much better if there is a way to create a recovery disk.

Re: Disk Utility on MAC OS X

Disk utility is an a lite application in MAC OS which is used to initialize the hard drive. This little application that seems a bit most among the others, is nevertheless very useful. Here is what you can do with it. You can repair permissions, disk imaging, creation of encrypted disk images, mounting volumes, formatting and partitioning hard drives internal and use an external hard drive.

There are some automated apps in Macintosh which is planned to work all alone. Just let them run, and they carry out repair scripts that make unnecessary the maintenance manual. There are many utilities to implement these scripts on demand, but also caches and many other things. Among them, there are onyx ToolX3, and so on. Be careful though, poor handling and you find yourself very bored.

If you find any slow performance of your hard drive just simply check each file and folder has ownership criteria that correspond to their nature. In fact there is not much to do. Open Disk Utility, select from the top left of the hard drive mac, and click repair permissions. Finally, wait a bit. This manipulation, without danger, is also recommended before a system update.

MacOsX includes a utility very convenient, with multiple roles, including creating disk images, i.e a virtual image on the hard drive of a real disk. This image has the same behavior as the original disc in less. Disk utility is located in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder. Disk utility is a useful application. You can create a disk image via it and use the same for restoring your computer back again.

You can burn out a recovery disc for your Mac computer. Just run the disk utility service. This will help you to repair in case of crash. Insert CD or DVD to create a disc. Then in the left column, below the hard drive you can select the CD in question, and go to menu File > New > Disk Image. Search inserted the CD that appears last in the list. The following dialog box allows the choice of the possible treatment of the disk image. They are Compressed (the gain is not necessarily huge), Read only (you can add any file on the image), master CD / DVD: The copy will be done bit by bit (including spaces) and even encryption (protected by password).