Thread: Disable hybrid and hibernate mode in Windows Vista

Disable hybrid and hibernate mode in Windows Vista

hi
    i am mca student.I just purchased personal computer and i have installed window vista operating system in my system.Actually i am doing project on power management.But i am little confused about hybrid and hibernate mode.How it goes on disable hybrid and hibernate mode in Windows Vista. please tell me anyone?

Re: Disable hybrid and hibernate mode in Windows Vista

Windows Vista is a line of operating systems developed by Microsoft for use on personal computers,including home and business desktops, laptops, tablet PCs, and media center PCs.In a wireless network that supports both the IS-2000/IS-95 (CDMA) and IS-856 (1xEV-DO) systems, a hybrid mode AT/MS is capable of:acquiring both the IS-2000/IS-95 and IS-856systems,Hibernate mode is a power saving feature for computers. In hibernate mode, the current state of a computer is saved to the hard disk,and the computer shuts down.In power management system hybrid sleep mode and hibernate mode both are disable in Windows Vista.Under the Programs list, click Power Options.Change advance power setting and then close the setting then hybrid goes to sleep mode.

Windows Vista contains many changes and new features, including an updated graphical user interface and visual style dubbed Windows Aero, a redesigned search function, multimedia tools including Windows DVD Maker, and redesigned networking, audio, print, and display sub-systems.The hybrid mode AT/MS supports two operating modes: non-simultaneous voice and data (non-SVD) mode and SVD mode.Mostly Hibernation is often used on laptops and can usually be set to happen automatically on a low battery alarm.Same as whenever advance power setting change to off. Then it will goes to disable optio of hybrid, same as when you want to disable system of hibernate mode then enter start menu and then type CMD.then right click cmd and continue User Account Control .In the CMD.exe window at the C:\Windows\system32 prompt, type powercfg -h off, and then press the ENTER key.

Firstly when you disabled the hybrid sleep mode that time go to start search field and type Power Options.Then click Power Options under program list.Then in power option window .Locate the selected power window and after that select power scheme like Balanced, Power saver, or High performance.And then click change plan setting link after that again change advanced power setting then in setting double click sleep,double-click Allow hybrid sleep, and then change its setting to Off.When we disable hibernate mode in Start Search field, type CMD.Then right-click to the CMD, and then from the menu that opens, click Run as administrator.Now in CMD.exe window ,type the powercfg -h off and finally enter key.

You cannot remove devices or you can not disconnect your computer from a docking device while your computer is in hibernate mode.If your system is in window xp then click the start button,after that click Turn off computer,after that press and hold <Shift> key, and then click Hibernate. If your using windows 2000 then click the Start button, click Shutdown, click Hibernate, and then click OK.For the exit a power management mode, press the power button.