Thread: How to use Snipping Tool in Windows 7

How to use Snipping Tool in Windows 7

Hi ,

I am very new with Windows 7, I do not know the advanced feature of windows 7. I check that Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and we can also annotate, save, or share the image. But how can I use this software. Please advice steps by steps. Thanks in advance.

You can draw a free-form shape around an object with the help of sniping tool. After you capture a snip, it's automatically derivative to the Clipboard and the score window. From the score window, you can add footnotes to, save, or share the snip. The following things you can do with help of sniping tool.
    # If you want to rectangular Snip then drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
    # If you want to Window Snip then select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
    # If you need Full-screen Snip, capture the entire screen.

If you want to capture a snip, do the following steps:
    # Open Snipping Tool by hit it off the Start button .
    # In the search box, type Snipping Tool, and then, in the record of results, click Snipping Tool.
    # Click the arrow next to the new button, select Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip beginning of the list,
    # Then choose the area of your screen that you wish for to capture.

A URL will come into view when you capture a snip from a browser window and save it as an HTML file. To turn off this option, do the following steps:
    # Click on Options on Snipping tool.
    # In the dialog box, clear include URL below snips that should be HTML only and check box, and then click OK.

Check and reply.

You can also capture a snip of a menu, such as a shortcut menu or the Start menu, Follow the steps:
    # Start the snipping tool
    # Press Esc, and then open the menu that you want to capture.
    # Press Ctrl+PrtScn.
    # Click the arrow after that to the New button, select Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip from the record, and then choose the area of your screen that you would like to capture.

You can also send the snip by email. Snips are sent as an e mail attachment if you send a plain-text or rich-text e mail. To stick a snip into an e mail message, specify HTML as the message format in your e mail program. You can also remove or change the color of the ink in the outline that is use to capture snips. Check and reply.

Re: How to use Snipping Tool in Windows 7

Following up with the above suggestions after you make the snip you obviously want to share it with some person more than likely in an email. The default file extension is PNG but you cab name the file/snip as what you want so its relevant to you and also if you want you can save it as a Jpeg extension file format. Everyone on a computer is able to read this format. I suggest that you create a folder on your hard-drive or backup drive to save snips to so they are kept in a tidy manner. The next step is of course to send them to someone. open a new email tell the person what you are sending them or they may delete it as rubbish. Then click on attach file in your email program go to were you saved the snip then click on it then click on attach. all done send your email to your intended recipient. I hope this is of help. Cheers,
    Phillip, (Yendale)