Thread: Backup process extremely slow in windows 7

Backup process extremely slow in windows 7

My system is in the domain of my office server which is installed with windows 7. While i was try to take backup for the first time on the server. The Backup process was extremely slow. I don't know why the backup process took so long to complete. It was ran for around 1 and half hour and was just 63% complete. Please tell me how to get rid of this problem.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Backup process extremely slow in windows 7

As far as i know it would not have been so slow as you have mentioned. Can you tell me whether your pc is in the domain of this server or not also mention wha t was the size of your data and also tell whether you were running some other processes in the background if yes what were the programs. After knowing all this i can help you in a much better way.

Thanks for the reply!!! As far as i know it was a new install. Also i selected or included the program files from the c drive in the backup. Although this was running i was simultaneously using the Internet Explorer and was browsing over the internet. Visual Studio was also running in the background but i don't think that this caused the backup to run slow.

In order to get rid of this slowness during the backup process i think you will have to make use of the third party software for backing up all your data. Because i don't think that this process would have taken this much of time for completing the backup. You can try to backup your files again but this time don't run any process in the background.

Thanks once again for the reply friend this time i closed all the processes including the Internet Explorer and the antivirus running in the background but it still took around 45 minutes to complete the backup. I still don't know what is the problem behind the slowness of the backup process. If using third party software can solve this issue then please suggest me one.

Dr. V Guest

If you want to use the third party software backup then use Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server. This is one of the best backup software. You can recover the backup which are too large within few minutes. It is the next generation of the Acronis True Image disaster recovery product which is designed in order to backup the windows server.