Thread: Windows 7 boot screen flickers due to NVIDIA drivers 275.xx

Windows 7 boot screen flickers due to NVIDIA drivers 275.xx

I have system running windows 7 in that, and I have monitored that it was working perfectly before I install the NVIDIA drivers, but as after install the NVIDIA graphic driver, it seems the windows 7’s booting logo persistently glistening and is doing some art effect type like the monitor isn’t plugged perfectly, but actually it is. Now what should I do because if suppose I didn’t install that driver I would not be able to use the GPU in my machine. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 boot screen flickers due to NVIDIA drivers 275.xx

See this is because of so many issues in the machine, it is not just because of the drivers, as you should first of all make sure that all the things working perfectly in the machine, I mean to say, as you install the drivers and then the problem begins, I would say you should uninstall that drivers and then try to reboot the PC, and see the problem occurs or not. If suppose it happens again, then off course this is not because of the drivers.

I was also having the same problem with my machine as I install this driver, but I have been of the same opinion as the above user like you should check all the things in your computer, because screen flickering could be because of the monitor problem also, but before checking the hardware it is best practice to check the software’s, and if suppose you are using the 275.XX drivers, I would say many of them are faulty, you should use some another one.

As you have mentioned that you use the windows 7 in your machine, I would say there are too many issues in the operating system also, I would suggest you that whatever the driver you are using, you should check the compatibility of the with windows, otherwise you can have 270.XX series drivers, because they are actually working perfectly with windows 7, but it might be possible that it would not have the compatibility with your GPU, thus you should check both of them, I hope this would work.

Yeah exactly the same issue I was having, and let me tell you this was because of the NVIDIA drivers, and not all are same but the 275.XX series contains errors in that, but still I found the glitches in whatever the drivers I was having, I would say, you should try to uninstall the drivers and then try to reinstall it, I hope this would not cause the problem again, rather you can download also the same from their official website, and if suppose you are having the same problem, then you should try the 270.61, this may help you.

According to me this might be possible that the problem is Gpu Chip Specific, as I have the 9800gt, and the same windows that’s the windows 7 64 bit, but I am not having these problem, I would suggest you that you should contact the NVIDIA for the further support, because this not only you, I have seen many people having the same issue, thus they will surely going to help you, and for the time being you can use the 270.XX, it works perfectly.

I have people seen that they were trying to install the desktop drivers with their notebook, and vice versa, thus I would say first of all make sure that the driver that you have is correct, and then install it, or else you’ll get the same problem, and might be possible that it would progressively damage other things also, and if suppose you got the same problem you can try to install new windows also, but see I am not sure about this, but this at last after every possibilities.