Thread: Unable to save paint file using shortcut keys in windows 7

Unable to save paint file using shortcut keys in windows 7

I have recently installed windows 7 on my system . Whenever i try to save a file in ms-paint using the Ctrl+S it shows and hides the grid. I don't know why but i am unable to save ms paint file using the ctrl+S keys. please tell me what is the reason behind this problem if possible please suggest a solution to this problem.
    Last edited by Peasants; 30-01-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Re: Unable to save paint file using shortcut keys in windows 7

This is quiet a critical problem since in microsoft windows 7 the ctrl + G keys are used to show the grid or hide the grid. I am not very much sure what's exactly the issue behind this problem. please explain this problem in some more details and if possible try to post the screen shot's of your paint file in your further replies i can suggest some solution after knowing this.

Dr. V Guest

The keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that can be pressed to perform a task that would normally require a mouse or other pointing device. Facilitate interaction with the computer, which saves time and effort to work with Windows and other programs. you might be facing this problem due to language issue.

As far as i know if you are facing this issue from the last few days then you can try a system restore on your machine. It the problem persists still then it might be due to a virus infection on your system and hence scan the whole system and then detect it and remove the detected viruses . This will fix your issue for sure.
    Last edited by Lillebror; 30-01-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks for the replies i can't provide you the screen shots of the error since i am not getting any sort of error message while saving the file. I can only tell you that whenever i try to save the file using the control + S keys instead of saving the paint file it opens the grid. where as top open the grid we have to use the ctrl+ G key combination. Any other ideas.

Sounds like your operating system language have changed cause i have used the spanish version of windows in which we have to use Ctrl-G (Guardar) for Save. and Ctrl-D for opening the grid. Whereas in windows we use the ctrl + S key combination in order to save a file and ctrl + G to open the grid so you must try to change the language of the operating system.