Thread: Turn off automatic wireless network search in Windows 7

Turn off automatic wireless network search in Windows 7

I am having the iBall 1512 laptop which has the inbuilt Wi-Fi for accessing the internet. This iBall laptop has the Windows 7 operating system. Now coming to the issue, every time i turn on the Wi-Fi of my laptop, the laptop searches and lists all the available wireless networks. But i want to see only my wireless network. I want to turn off automatic wireless network search in Windows 7. If i can do this then provide me the procedure for doing the same.

Re: Turn off automatic wireless network search in Windows 7

You are having the iBall 1512 laptop which has the Windows 7 Operating system and this iBall laptop also has the Wi-Fi feature for browsing on the internet using the wireless network connection present in the area or at your home. The issue that you are getting with this laptop is that when you are turning on the Wi-Fi of this laptop then the laptop is searching and showing all the available network present. But you want to see only wireless network present at your home. How ever this is very difficult to do, But you can easily modify the search criteria for the wireless networks.

You are having the Wireless connectivity feature in your iBall 1512 laptop then it is obvious that you are using some additional software for operating the wireless device of the laptop which is provided by the manufacturer of the laptop. Which searches and displays all the wireless networks available in the near by area of the laptop. So you can change the settings of this software. After connecting to your network go to the profile of your network and select the automatic connection to the your network every time found by the laptop.

You can disable the Wireless device of your iBall laptop and turn this on or enable it only when you want to connect to the wireless network present at your place. For doing this go to the networks , do the right click on this wireless network connection , go to properties and select the disable option. do the same for the enabling it if you want to use the wireless network.

You are using the software which searches for all the available wireless network in the range of the your Wi-Fi enabled laptop. However this software is going to check for all the available wireless networks and you cannot change this. However you can select the automatic connection option for your network. So that every time if the laptop founds the wireless network of your home then it will connect to that network automatically.

According to me you should disable the wireless network adapter of your iball 1512 laptop and enable it only when you want to connect the wireless network available at your place. So you can disable the Wireless network adapter from the device manager of your iBall laptop in Windows 7 operating system. Right click on the wireless adapter and "disable" it and select the "enable" for starting it for connecting to the wireless network.