Thread: Is stopping error reporting will affect system

Is stopping error reporting will affect system

I am trying to install a new game in my computer. I have a Windows 7 system with 2GB RAM support. I had installed the game successfully but when run it the game crashed and error reporting tool popped up. It takes a very long time to get the error information for which I have to restart the entire system forcefully. I want to know first how to disable it and then what are the effects occur on it after disabling that.

Re: Is stopping error reporting will affect system

But I will recommend you to have it enabled. In my case I was facing a issue because of my graphic drivers. So when a error code is generated the information is sent to Microsoft. They sent you a regular update to make your system more stable. The same happened here. By updating my driver issue was fixed to great extent. If you are an advanced computer guy the you can definitely play with it.

When you are annoying to fix a computer or are setting it up for convinced functionality for a business, it can be quite annoying forever getting error messages when you know what your doing. Today we take a look at disabling those messages in XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Note: Error exposure can be expensive if Windows is not working properly and shouldn’t be disabled unless you’re a system admin or power user. This is not recommended for the average home user.

Error Reporting is facilitated by evasion on XP, Vista, and Windows 7. If an error occurs, a detailed message concerning the error pops up and you are encouraged to send the information in sequence to Microsoft. This is so they can gather error information from millions of PC’s and helps them create patches and Service Packs. In some cases it will check the error and provide solutions to fix it.

When you are venue up a machine for unambiguous functionality, the messages get very annoying. There are a number of reasons why an experienced user or tech would want to turn them off, so lets begin. To put out of action Error Reporting in Windows 7 Open up the start menu and type in difficulty reporting settings into the search box, or head to Action Center –> Change Action Center Settings –> Problem Reporting Settings. If you used the search, use the “Choose how to report problems” item in the list:Then you can easily choose the option from the list.

To Disable Error Reporting in Windows 7 with collection strategy. This method used restricted collection strategy version which is not available in Home versions of Windows 7. Select the Start button and then press enter gpedit.msc into the search box and then you press Enter. gpedit_start restricted collection strategy version opens and you want to navigate to User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Error Reporting and under Setting double click on Disable Windows Error Reporting.