Thread: Error C:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.dll is not a valid Windows image

Error C:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.dll is not a valid Windows image

Hi friends,

My brother is having Dell laptop with him and everything was working fine but today when i started my brother's laptop during booting up i got an message as "The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. So i rebooted my laptop and waited for some time and started it once again but still getting same. Any one facing such kind of issue ?

Rundll32.exe - Bad image

It seems that in your case calc.dll might had got corrupted because of which you are getting run dll error message, that case try to restore your system or you can also call repair your Operating system. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware and at the same time update your anti virus definition.

Thanks fore replying me i don't want to repair or either want to format my system because i am having lots of important data in it, does anyone have any alternative solution or any recommend software which can solve my above issue.

I would suggest you to use install ComboFix because it will automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Before running Combofix you need to first disable all antivirus and antispyware programs. For more information about How to use Combofix check out below links

How to use Combofix.exe?
    How to remove Virus / Malware using ComboFix

If you are not able to run combofix then i would suggest you to run it in safe mode for that you need to reboot your system and you hear computer beep once during startup start pressing the F8 key. Now menu should appear, then use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.