Thread: ATHGINA.DLL prevent from log on or lof off

ATHGINA.DLL prevent from log on or lof off

Hello to all,
    Last time when I tried to change the user log on or off setting I got following error
    "A recently installed program has disabled the welcome screen and fast user switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall the program. The following file might help you identify the problem that made the change: Athgina.Dll"
    I don't know what is that mean. I don't know why ATHGINA.DLL prevent from log on or lof off. After this I noticed that I had the classic view when start up which I don't like. Anyone else having the same problem.
    Please help me to fix this problem.

Dr. V Guest

Re: ATHGINA.DLL prevent from log on or lof off

I also had the same problem. I tried various method method but none of them worked out. Then I used following steps and I able to fix this problem. Just try following steps.
    1. First take backup of registry.
    2. Now remove GinaDLL file. You can find this file in following registry.
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL
    3.GinaDLL file related with "athgina.dll". When you delete GinaDLL file XP will revert to its default login behavior.

athgina.dll is a process related to the Athgina Dynamic Link Library program. When it is deleted from your computer, you get such type of problem. It seems that it is accidentally deleted from your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to repair your Operating System to fix this problem.

From your information it seems that athgina.dll file is accidentally deleted from your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. This file is needed for number of process. You have to install this file to fix this problem. If you didn't get this file manually then you have to install new Operating System in your computer to fix this problem.

Full form of ATHGINA.DLLfile is Athgina Dynamic Link Library. It is used to shares functions and procedures which can be used by other windows programs. You have to download this file and have to install this file in your computer to fix this problem. After downloading this file copy it to windows/system32/ folder. After this restart your computer. Now you will not get any problem.