Thread: How to fix the MBR with Easy BCD

How to fix the MBR with Easy BCD

Hi,
    I need some ways to fix a multiboot system by using EasyBCD. I had not used this before. I have a bootable disc for the same. The command and interface of the same confuses me in this matter. What things can I do here to fix a multiboot system which has Window's Vista and Windows XP on a single hard drive. And what is needed to run a virtual PC on similar systems.

Re: How to fix the MBR with Easy BCD

EasyBCD lets you manage multiboot different from Microsoft, XP, Vista & Seven. Run the program and then change Settings button. In the right Global Settings, click the small arrow to list the entries and select the system chosen to start by default. BootloaderTimeout can set the time to change the choice of starting (with the arrows up / down). Click on Save Settings to confirm a change. Do not change anything in Entry-Based Settings.

The Add / Remove Entries button allows the addition or deletion of an entry. To delete any partition you can select the corresponding entry and click Delete. For an system installation first install a GNU / Linux. Then install the launcher start Ext3 partition. Then create the entry in the multiboot by clicking on the tab in Linux Add an Entry and choose the type of launcher installed on the partition. Choose the display name in the multiboot and partition. Check GRUB is not installed to the boot-sector. validate by Add Entry.

Once you check back the Button Bootloader Installation Options you will find two things here. Reinstall the Vista Bootloader In case of problems starting and Uninstall the Vista Bootloader In case of return to boot Windows XP (deletion of seven or Vista). Just click on write MBR. Then you will access more options which will help you repair the mbr more easily.

You can also go in the Backup and Restore Bootloader Settings. Here you can choose the destination folder, the name given to the file. Bcd and click the Settings button Backup. To restore this file if necessary, point to the file in the tree and click on Restore Backup. So this creates the easiest way to fix the booting option. It is possible to recreate the boot files missing or deleted by reviving the BCD of Vista / Seven and then Choose the option and click on Rescue System.

The virtual machine uses a processor based hardware while most new processors are equipped with this technology, virtualization, make sure that this setting is enabled in the BIOS. You can check if the processor supports this technology directly on the sites of manufacturers Intel and AMD. Error message when the processor does not support virtualization technology or that it is not enabled in the BIOS settings.