Thread: I am not able to install Adobe AIR on Windows 7

I am not able to install Adobe AIR on Windows 7

Hi guys,
    I am currently facing a problem of installation. I am not able to install Adobe AIR on my system which is running on OS windows 7. Whenever I try to install adobe AIR the process runs halfway and after that a message occur stating that,

Sorry, an error has occured.

An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.

I am confused and i don't know what the problem is since I'm running on an admin account with admin right.

I hope to get a reply soon.

Re: I am not able to install Adobe AIR on Windows 7

If you encounter a problem when you attempt to install Adobe AIR applications on your system, in this case you may need to remove and re-install Adobe AIR. For example, if the installation stops at the "Application Install" dialog, or if you find an "Installation Error" message, I recommend you to remove and reinstall Adobe AIR.

Note: The prerelease or beta versions of Adobe AIR should be removed from the system prior to installation of the Adobe AIR 1.0 released version.
    To remove Adobe AIR, do the following:

1. Select Start > Settings > Control Panel.
    2. Open the Add or Remove Programs panel.
    3. Select Adobe AIR to remove the runtime.
    4. Click the Change/Remove button.

It should help you to fix your problem.

For those people who cannot installation the adobe AIR, I finally found a simple solution that works:

Just download a Microsoft's free "Windows Install Clean-Up" utility. Run this application, find any entries for "Adobe AIR".
    I was having two versions installed on my computer and removed them.

After removing them i got my problem fixed. Now i can install the latest version of adobe AIR and update it with no problems.

You can also try this method with the Windows Install Clean-up utility and ensured that AIR was uninstalled properly?

It also depends on how your system is setup, it's often helpful to try to run the installer as an Administrator.

Goto the official site of adobe and download AdobeAirInstaller.exe. After it has been downloaded right click on the downloaded exe file and click Run As Administrator.

By doing following job I was able to overcome the problem installation in W7.
    I used a Spotlight to search my hard drive for the word AIR.
    After that I went through each item which was founded and checked for "runtime" or some adobe reference in the folder where the file resides in. To make sure that I was not removing some innocent "non-adobe" file containing the word AIR. The items that met my criteria were sent to trash.
    Once I "cleaned up" my hard drive of any traces of AIR. After that I ran the installation and the installation worked perfectly.
    So it seems that on Windows the problem is AIR's inability to uninstall itself.

I am using the latest version of adobe AIR 1.5.2. on my windows 7 operating system.
    In order to install this application there is a requirement for windows operating system in order fix the installation problem. For additional information on supported operating systems of windows, please see Adobe AIR system requirements which is given below:

Windows
    * Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor, 512MB of RAM
    * Recommended: Pentium 4 2GHZ or faster, 1GB RAM
    * Windows 7, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise including 64 bit editions, Windows Vista SP1, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition SP2 and SP3, Windows XP SP2 and SP3, Windows 2000 SP4, Windows 2003 Server.

Dr. V Guest

So after looking at your problem and searched the solution over the internet, I finally found a solution to the problem. I had installed an old version of AIR somewhere on my computer. But, i was unable to find out the uninstaller. So, I found some code to use in Terminal to use the latest version of AIR and to uninstall the old program.

"./Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer" -uninstall

But this didn't quite worked for me. It tried to uninstall all versions of AIR but it failed.

After searching some more times, I found that I could use the following code to allow some "extra privileges" in order to successfully uninstall the program.

sudo "./Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer" -uninstall

When i ran the code it prompted me for a password, I entered the admin password.

I then opened the Adobe AIR installer and finally it worked.