Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Fallout 3 "Failed to initialize renderer"

Operating Systems

Old 27-01-2010

Fallout 3 "Failed to initialize renderer"

So I've just recently installed Windows 7 on my 24" iMac so I can have the best of both worlds, and I've since tried playing Fallout 3 on my machine.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS graphics card with 512 MB of ram (the chipset that is in the recommended stystem), and yet I'm still getting the "Failed to initialize renderer" error.

I've already checked around, but all of the answers to this question have been about someone's graphics card not being good enough. I already double-checked, and I've got the recommended system for the game, so I'm thinking it has to be something else.

Is there something I'm missing? A driver, maybe?

Old 27-01-2010

Re: Fallout 3 "Failed to initialize renderer"

Its a video driver problem, try using the latest drivers from NVIDIA. Also, update your DirectX to the latest version. For more information, check the below threads :

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,