Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-01-2010

Away Mode in Windows 7

Hi all I had a little trouble , I've make a copy paste so you see the message and may help to resolve,
Quote:
Learn more about a problem with Away Mode System

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between your computer's Away Mode System and your 64-bit version of Windows. The Away Mode System is only compatible with 32-bit versions of Windows.

This problem is not critical, but you can prevent it from occurring again by disabling the Away Mode System in your computer's BIOS. Refer to the instructions that came with your computer that explain how to access the BIOS and turn off Away Mode System support.

Warning
Changing BIOS settings requires moderate to advanced computer skills. If you are not experienced at changing BIOS settings, consider asking someone with more advanced skills to help you.

The trouble is that I do not find Away Mode in the System BIOS ? My motherboard is an Asus M2N SLI deluxe, any solution I would be very grateful to
Thank you to all and good evening ....
Old 26-01-2010

Re: Away Mode in Windows 7

That's right, I had the same problem it was resolved after stopping amd live, Apparently I could not found better resolution, it would be a concern for compatibility with AMD Live in the BIOS that would compatible with the 32 bit.
Old 26-01-2010

Try to find the the instructions on how you can turn off this "Away Mode System". Usually it is to be done by going in BIOS setup on the system startup. Press Delete or one of the F keys at the appropriate moment. Next, in BIOS setup menus, locate the appropriate setting, make the change, save and Exit. Continue the boot process. If none of what I wrote makes sense best to have someone do it for you.
Old 26-01-2010

One more way top avoid this error is install the 32bit os, sine its not supporting the 64bit and error is coming because you have 64-bit and its saying this feature only supports 32bit. So see if you can grab 32bit from somewhere and install it, and see if problem persist.
Old 26-01-2010

how to stop amd live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilbane View Post
That's right, I had the same problem it was resolved after stopping amd live, Apparently I could not found better resolution, it would be a concern for compatibility with AMD Live in the BIOS that would compatible with the 32 bit.
Thanks all for replying me back and helping me. You said your problem solved by stopping amd live, could you tell me how to stop amd live? i laso wanna stop amd live, please write the proper steps to stop it since i'm newbie in this hard core stuffs !! thanks..
Old 26-01-2010

Re: how to stop amd live

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoman View Post
Thanks all for replying me back and helping me. You said your problem solved by stopping amd live, could you tell me how to stop amd live? i laso wanna stop amd live, please write the proper steps to stop it since i'm newbie in this hard core stuffs !! thanks..
OK, do what i say, first look at the booklet supplied with your motherboard (or download it from the manufacturer's website) to find the bios options and disable it according to the instructions given in manual.

The line is called AMD Live in the bios at all. To access the bios is often F1 F2 or Delete (it appears at the bottom of your screen when starting the pc) to enter Setup.
Old 22-06-2010

I use Win7 64 bit.What can I do?This OS brings me great distress.
Old 22-06-2010

What is the actual problem appearing to you? Can you be more specific about your problem. Do you get any error message or facing some kind of problem with the normal operation of Windows 7? What do you mean by "This OS brings me great distress". Please be specific.
Old 24-09-2010

Further discussion on the AMD Live! Incompatibility and error with Windows 7 can be found. To resolve this issue please disable AMD Live! In your system BIOS, for more details please contact your system or motherboard manufacturer.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,