Thread: Folder views in new window under Windows 7

Folder views in new window under Windows 7

Hello. I have a desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system in it. The thing is that I have installed windows updates for my system and it has caused serious issues. I am not able to open up the the folder that is been accessed in the same window. It gets opened in the new window. And everytime i try to open a new folder it gets opened in new window. Please help. Thank you.

Re: Folder views in new window under Windows 7

You can try to run a system restore. That might help you out in making the things to work out for you well. Follow the steps:

* Click on the start button.
    * Go to the programs option.
    * Now go to the accessories and then to system tools.
    * Open the system restore and then set the date accordingly.

This shall help you out.

There is a way through which you can make the things to work in your way. You need to create a file by copying the text that is [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState] "Settings"=hex:0c,00,02,00,1b,01,e7,77,60,00,00,00 into the notepad and save it as re file. When it is been created open the same by double clicking on it and import the key as well.

If the above key do not work out for you after making the system to reboot you can use the key that is [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000. Again copy the text in notepad and save it as reg files. Then try to open it up by double clicking on it and then using it as to import key.

It is quite possible that the system may have been affected by virus. It is quite necessary to run a scan check wizard or antivirus scan in order to make the things to work fine. Use a powerful antivirus tool, Use Quick heal total security 2009 antivirus tool in order to make the things to work out for you well. This will scan the system and make things to work out possibly well for you.

Such issue does occur when the registry key may be appended with some error or may have gone corrupt. You could repair the file by creating a new or scan the file. The other issue could be related to the malware issue. Due to the which it has caused such problem. You need to use an anti malware tool in order to make your problem to get sorted.