Thread: I am not able to install Adobe CS4 Software on Windows 7

I am not able to install Adobe CS4 Software on Windows 7

When i try to install adobe cs4 it says that setup has failed to install something like that but people say that it is supported.

The problem says that "Adobe Setup has stopped working" and it also says " Windows is collecting more information about the problem, this might take several minutes". After that it ask me that if I want to send in more information about the problem. I think its basically an error message that does not provide any helpful information. I tried to run compatibility mode. But nothing worked.

This kind of error also comes up when I try to do the steps. The user account control window doesn't come up by some reason.

A problem with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is effecting Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working.
    To solve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
    3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:
    reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
    4. Press Enter to install the solution.
    5. If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two."

Re: I am not able to install Adobe CS4 Software on Windows 7

I have installed adobe cs4 on w7 and it worked fine.
    I'll suggest you to follow some steps which i did:

step1
    Try to install Flash CS4 upgrade normally.

step2
    Go to control panel you will see add/remove programs and you should see Flash Professional CS4 in the program list. Leave the control panel up, you will need this later…

step3
    Navigate to the following folder on your hard drive: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\a68eec966ce913ddaa63251dc82ed31\resources\common\scripts

step4
    Locate a file called “ContainerProxy.js” open it in text editor (for eg: Notepad).

step5
    Go to line 1102 or simply search for: “jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValue));” and replace this line with: “jsonObj = _jsonToObject(SetSessionInitialized(initValue));”

step6
    Save the file by pressing [Strg]+S or use the menu: Menu -> File Save.

step7
    Go back to the Control Panel

step8
    Highlight software being installed (Flash CS4 )

step9
    Reinitialize the installation by clicking on the change/remove button.

step10
    Setup should now work as normal.

Hi harmony,

Don't worry just do what i say, it may solve your problem to install adobe cs4 on your windows 7 operating system.

I have solved the problem when trying to install CS4 on windows 7.

Once when you have disconnected from the internet, and ready to click the setup.exe of adobe to install, after that just right click and select “troubleshoot” option, from the given option select OS Win XP or Vista.

If it ask for a test then please continue with the test and hopefully it should run properly.

Hi
    The latest operating system Windows 7 comes with Windows Installer (version 5.0) which is newer than 4.5 installer. I have made the installation of CS4 Photoshop in Win7 Ultimate x64 version but not full CS4 suite, and i didnt run the autorun installer after that I opened the DVD and found a ran setup.exe, to run this i turned off security applications.

You can also run the setup.exe file by right click and it choose Troubleshoot Compatability as it can help you.

Try doing a custom installation of CS4 and choose few of the main apps, likes Adobe Drive etc, maybe that whould be causing the problem.

Windows 7 is still a beta in some PC setups, due to various software and hardware some of the applications may not work, you can do a use of Feedback file a bug on this issue from the Windows 7 desktop.

Dr. V Guest

Hey
    I was also suffering from this kind problem but i solved it by doing some setting.
    I thought that software might having some problem so i sent the software back, thinking that it was faulty. But after replacing it, same error i was facing.
    So i did some steps,
    I uninstalled all adobe program from my harddrive and rebooted the system. Adobe has a script that is supposed to clean out, but it did not work for me.
    After cleaning out all Adobe products, the adobe program installed successfully and till i havent faced any problem.
    Best of luck.

By looking at problem a question comes in my mind that which edition of W7 are you using? I think if it's the Pro version which allows us to run the free Win XP emulator, then I think you will be OK as long as what you have seen is the Windows version of CS2. If i suggest you a solution that whould be, best to check with both the Adobe and the MicroSoft Compatability sites first. I think it may help you to understand the problem which you are facing and will help you to install the adobe application.

jonnye Guest

Hi
    I am not able to all over for this think
    but something i know, according to me Having just installed Windows 7 Beta, I wanted to install my favorite applications that included Adobe Photo shop, Dream weaver and Fireworks. I noticed that they have a new version CS4 and downloaded the trial to test them out.
    Unfortunately none of the individual trial software packages would install. I tried Dream weaver CS4 and Fireworks CS4 and they both fail about halfway through the installation.
    I really wanted to try it the Adobe CS4 for versions so I downloaded them from a torrent site. Stripped of their Adobe installation software they ran fine. Attention Adobe: Get an instant upgrade of 20% or better in your software’s over all performance by outsourcing your install script to torrent freaks. Oh yeah and the bonus is that your software will install on anything that can spin a far.

Good luck