Thread: How to check XP mode compatibility

How to check XP mode compatibility

Hi,
    What are the possibilities to check that my operating system is equipped with XP Mode. Why only some limited operating systems are provided this features. Is the same available for download. I have seen people using Windows 7 on XP mode. It always create a doubt that why Microsoft has provided Windows 7 Virtualization. Is this for compatibility testing.

Re: How to check XP mode compatibility

Windows 7 first introduced into the system a layer of virtualization to run legacy applications incompatible under the new Windows called XP mode, this feature is restricted to only certain machines. Like those with processor that supports hardware virtualization. So you have to check your system information for the same. But Virtualization eats up high system resources.

To to check if your PC is equipped with such a processor read this. The XP mode is an optional layer of Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate. It can be freely downloaded from the Microsoft site if you have one of these editions. So if you have any of this version what I had mentioned above then you can definitely enable XP Mode on your system.

It is now common with Vista, that many users has found themselves confronted with software incompatibilities. Although, since the vast majority of applications have been modified. And on the other hand Windows 7 is based on the same kernel as Vista is. So in order to check out the same difficulties faced by applications this new term is provided.

In order to check the issue of Windows 7 compatibility Microsoft has released this virtual mode. By this you can run all your applications on Windows 7 and have a work on it. The virtualization need a high pc configuration. You can run Windows 7 in your system via VMWare. But the XP mode is necessary to display the Office XP in a window.

The XP mode is not available on all machines. It takes at least 2 GB of RAM to run. But he is primarily a processor with technology Hardware Virtualization. This technology first name is VT and Intel AMD-V AMD. The things in virtualization are more complex than what it seems. Like the hardware requirement, the OS and application compatibility and other terms.