Thread: How to Install Multiple Wine Versions on One System

How to Install Multiple Wine Versions on One System

hi
    i am using Linux operating system,I want to know about wines in Linux,Is wine software support to Linux.Can i install multiple wine version on system.If i can,then how do i do that ,what is the installation process.What is wine software in brief. please tell me any one.

Re: How to Install Multiple Wine Versions on One System

Wine is a software.It is a free software application.It's aims to allow UNIX like operating system to execute program written for Microsoft window.Wine software is also provide a software library.Wine software runs some software packages with good stability & other with small issues.We can use wine software to run the windows application.Now the wine technology rapidly grow so many user use new & latest software,with good reason each new version typically fixed issue & improve performance.But if you are only using wine then it is best because if you are running two or more program under wine,you are also running to perform under different wine version.So you can also install multiple version on the same system.There are some step available then how can i install more version in same system.firstly download the source code tar.bz2 file for adding new wine version ,from source forge.After that contents of the tar.bz2 file to your directory then we need to install all of the build dependencies.After that need to compile wine from source after that for the compiling the wines software open your favorite terminal & change directory to the location of your extracted wine source.

Wine is a software which allow the operating system to execute program.Wine technology has rapidly change within last month we have seen 2 version updates(1.1.33 & 1.1.34).The new version wine software normally give us fixed issue and improve performance.Wine technology has rapidly improve.You can install wine software for our running window application.You can only one run deb packaged at a time but if you need more version at a time for installation then for another version of software would need to be compiled from source & configured to install into a different directory.Firstly download source code file for adding new version of wipe after when you situated it in specific directory then we need to install build dependencies. After that compile & run new version of wine from source.

It is possible to install multiple version in a same system basically you have one old version of wine & you need new version.There are some problem created from old version that's why you need new version. At the end new version is the better than old one.Because it is updated from old then Maybe try compiling your new version wine from source in a separate directory and then run it from within that directory .There were two updates Wine 1.1.33 and 1.1.34 which has just created. Mean always new version has fix old issue & newly updated performance.Download source code pf new version , place in a directory then install build dependency & compile the new version.