Thread: Assign NTFS in MAC OS X for Windows drive

Assign NTFS in MAC OS X for Windows drive

Hi,
    I had installed Windows Media center edition in my MAC computer. Now I want to create a NTFS driver for Windows vista to work properly. I am not sure how to do that. Is there any third party software for that. If yes then how to do that. And second thing I have a TV box connected to my media server. The hard drive is full. How can I increase the storage capacity of it.

Re: Assign NTFS in MAC OS X for Windows drive

If Windows is installed on your Mac, you can not write files on an NTFS partition. Here is how to bridge this gap. First you have to install the free utility NTFS-3G. This small utility will help you to create a NTFS for your windows drive which make it much more easier to access and improves windows performance.

Just install the NTFS-3G program in your mac computer then restart your machine. After that pull down the Apple menu, select System Preferences and click on NTFS-3G. Now press the padlocks placed in the bottom left of the window that appears. Enter your administrator password and press OK. In the drop down Mounted NTFS-3g volumes, select your Windows partition. Here, you can now copy files on NTFS volume.

For your TV box it is possible to increase the capacity of the hard drive size. All you can do is remove the old programs which you don't want to view anymore. If the space is lacking on the box your TV Freebox HD, you can epand its storage capacity by connecting an external hard drive. There are numerous brands available in the market for this purpose.

If you are planning to connect a external driver then be sure that the disk must be formatted in FAT16, FAT32, HFS + or XFS, then connected to one of two USB ports located at the rear of the Freebox to be recognized. This are the most recommended disk formats that are identified by the box. You have to ensure that once you are formatting or trying to get a external drive then just check the disk properties properly.

I had connected a external drive to my TV box. And when recording a deferred program simply refer to this external hard drive (by default it is called Untitled) in the Destination dialog box using the directional pad on the remote before validating your programming. The settings are the same if you want to record a show in real time. Finally, press the OK button on your remote.