Thread: Few Alternatives for Windows Task Manager

Few Alternatives for Windows Task Manager

I want to know what are the best alternatives to Task Manager of Windows. I have read that there is many alternatives which are even more developed and are even more informative. Currently I am running Windows Vista Service Pack 1. I am looking forward to purchase the Service Pack 2 of Windows Vista. But I also want suggestions for best alternatives to Task Manager of Windows. These alternatives should display a more elaborate information about the process which are executing. Also they themselves should not slow down my computer by any means. So if anyone has used any alternatives to Task Manager of Windows then please provide some valuable suggestions to me as well.

Opt for the AnVir Task Manager

My suggestion is that you can opt for the AnVir Task Manager incase you want an alternative to the default Windows Task Manager. The most valuable highlight of this AnVir Task Manager is that it can help you to reduce your computer's boot timing by organizing the Start-up applications as well as delaying them. It also provides a process check for any virus related process which may be executing.

Replace Task Manager with DTaskManager

Though the Task Manager of Windows provide a basic information about the ongoing processes in the computer system and also indicating the CPU and RAM memory usage there are a number of alternatives for it which are present providing more information and are more enhanced than the Windows Task Manager. An example of this is the DTaskManager. The reason DTaskManager is considered as a good replacement for Task Manager is because it shares a very similar interface with the Task Manager.

Dr. V Guest

Process Explorer utility

Process Explorer utility can be used to get a more elaborate information then the Task manager. The Tree View feature is a unique characteristic of this Process Explorer utility that indicates the parent processes of different child process. In Windows Vista the Option Menu can be used to replace the Windows Task Manager with the Process Explorer utility.

Use the Security Task Manager

To get a descriptive information and also to track the exact use of the computer's processor I am using the Security Task Manager. It is more advanced than the traditional Windows Task Manager. It is also good at detecting and processing the spyware or any malicious program which might go undetected by the anti virus.

Process Hacker, Process Explorer or Extended Task Manager

There are a number of alternative applications which can be used in place of the task manager. The Process Hacker is a open-source application that can be used to replace the task manager. Using this application you can also modify the security levels of processes. Another alternative application is the Process Explorer. This is provided by the developer of Windows itself i.e. Microsoft. The best part is that it displays more information than your original task manager. The Extended Task Manager is also a good alternative to the task manager. It helps you retrieve information of locked processes and files.