Thread: Removing Admin Password from Windows 7

Removing Admin Password from Windows 7

I have bought the new computer system and this computer system is preloaded with the Windows 7 operating system. My Brother has set the password for this computer system now i want to remove this password from my computer system but i am not able to do so as i don't know much about the computer system. So i want to know that how can i Remove Admin Password from Windows 7. I have a very important work to do and i am not able to do that because of this.
    Last edited by Amit Pawar; 23-01-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Re: Removing Admin Password from Windows 7

You are having the computer system which has the Windows 7 operating system by the manufacturer. After that your brother has set the password in this computer system for safe usage of this computer system. Now your brother is not here and you do not know the password for this system. I think this is very difficult task to remove the password if you cant log in to this computer system. But you are saying that you have the guest user account to login. But you cannot see the important data and the information as this feature is disabled for the guest user.

If you want to change the password of any windows operating system including the Windows 7 operating system then you can change it very easily as you can set the admin password very easily. As you are not very professional in the computer field you dont know how to do this. For doing this, first go to the Control panel and after that go to the user accounts. Select the Current user account which has the password set and select the remove password option. Enter the current password and finish the procedure. Now you can start the system without asking for the password to login.

I don't think so there is any other way to remove the admin password if you don't know the password because the windows 7 operating system will ask the old password set first for removing the password. But the problem is that you do not know the old password. It is better to contact your brother and ask the password of your Windows 7 operating system computer. After knowing the password you can change the password or remove the password very easily from the Windows 7 operating system.

You don't know the admin password of your windows 7 operating system then follow the following instruction as mentioned by the Microsoft itself.

1- If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.
    2- Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.

You said that you are having the Guest user account then you can remove or reset the password for the Windows 7 operating system in your desktop computer system.
    1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.
    2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
    4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
    5. Type and confirm the new password.

If the issue is not solved by this then you have only one way left for you. You will have to install the Windows 7 Operating system again on your computer system.

support Guest

yes, lillebror' reply is right , you'd better try to login as an admin accout , the admin accout has the full right to do anything.