Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-01-2010

vbame.dll files issues in Vb6 under Windows 7

Hello. I have been using Windows 7 RTM as the operating system on my desktop machine. I have also installed Visual Basic 6 into my system and having some problems with it. I am not able to move the application from left to right and there are some issues with the vbame.dll file. Please help me out. Thank you.
Old 23-01-2010

Re: vbame.dll files issues in Vb6 under Windows 7

This is because there are some issues with Visual basic 6 that it is not supported under Windows 7 RTM version. You need to upgrade the the software pack that is Visual basic to its latest version. This should help you out in making the things to work in proper manner. So check out by installing the latest application for the software. Then you might be able to cope up with the thing.
Old 23-01-2010

Reinstalling the software application may lead to work under the operating system very well. All you need to do is to follow the steps:

1) Go to the start menu.
2) Open the control panel option.
3) Choose the add remove programs.
4) Uninstall the software by selecting the application.
5) Now restart the system and then install it again.
Old 23-01-2010

I have had the same issue that the Visual basic 6 was not able to get executed well under Windows 7 RTM version. Try to use it in another version that is use the retail version. As it has fixed the bug issue that is been appended to the RTM one. You may not then find any issue with the software application that is been faced now. So check it out.
Old 23-01-2010

Try to execute the program under low features. Then it may work out for you. Follow the steps:

* Click on the start button.
* Now in the search box type msconfig and hit enter.
* Under the selective startup option choose Hide all Microsoft services.
* Disable the services.
* Restart the system.
Old 23-01-2010

There is another way or alternative through which you can make the things better. Try to execute the program under safe mode. This may help you out so that the system may be able to use application very well. You can use the compatibility tools for Windows XP or Vista under Windows 7 and thus making the system to work accordingly.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,