Thread: There is no stereo mixer for sound recording in windows 7

There is no stereo mixer for sound recording in windows 7

Hi friends,

I have found that there is no stereo mixer for sound recording in my windows 7 operating system.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

The option for the stereo mixer is not shown in the disabled and disconnected mode when click on the right and choose these two options from the list.

Is there any way to solve this problem if so then please help me out..

Dr. V Guest

Re: There is no stereo mixer for sound recording in windows 7

Hi,

First of all i suggest you to please update your sound driver, after updating it if the option doesn't appear in the setting then please refer all the following steps which is given below:

Click on the Start Button, then type MMSYS.CPL in the start search box and press Enter.

On the Recording tab, please right-click on the blank area

And then check “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” if it there then the Stereo Mix should show up.

After that if it is disabled then right click on it and choose to Enable it.

Recently i have downloaded windows 7 and i have dual booted it with windows vista. I was using stereo mixing on my windows vista by which i can record what i was hearing which was very useful for me. But when i came to know that this option of stereo mixing is not available in windows 7. I thought that windows 7 is having some problem. After thinking i came to a resolution that windows vista is 32-bit, where i tried 64-bit for windows 7. So it is simple that you install 32-bit instead of 64-bit.

And hope for the best.

By looking your problem i think you should do the following steps to once again as you have mentioned earliar in your query.

Go on your task bar and just right click on your speaker icon and in there select recording devices.

When the dialouge box pop ups right click on any device and check both show disabled plus show disconnected devices.

Just right click on stereo mix and enable it, after that adjust the settings in the other tab as per its requirement.

If stereo mix still now doesnt appear then you have to update the audio driversand restart the computer and then repeat the above setting.

After performing this setting you may have to select stereo mix as the input device in the audio application.