Thread: There is a virtual memory error after removing ram

There is a virtual memory error after removing ram

I was having some problem with my computer and tried to solve it myself.
    I removed memory stick from the computer and the problem went away, it was because of the memory as when he puts back the memory stick once again the error occurred.

Now an error occurred stating that not enough virtual memory. So does it means that someone has changed the virtual memory setting or should i need to put another memory stick of ram.

Previously the computer had 2x 512mb and now it has 1x 512mb ram, this is on my windows xp computer, so is there any setting to over come this problem or should i order a new ram.

Re: There is a virtual memory error after removing ram

Hi, I just want to explain you what does the ram means and what is the role played by ram. Ram its a memory stick which is located in the mother board and stores the files which are currently in use by the computer. It is lot faster than transferring a files directly from the hard drive.
    In this case the computer doesnot always have enough memory to store all the files, so when the space of the memory goes below a certain amount, the computer saves the less used files in the cache or in the temporary storage place of the hard drive. In this situation the computer uses this part as a virtual memory.

So when you removed the ram your computer moved more files to the virtual memory though your computer does not have enough memory.

Here is some setting for virtual memory to help you solve your problem,
    Just follow the setting to change the virtual memory setting:

First right click on my computer and click on the properties, then click the advanced tab (only for windows xp).

After that find a section which is called performance, this should be the first section, click on settings, in the new window just click on the advanced tab button .

In the section marked which is Virtual Memory, you find a button that says "change" click it.

After that there are a few radio buttons which are in circular shaped buttons, click on the button that says "custom size".

However i say that your machine need a new ram stick so that it can help your computer to run smoothly.

There are certain situations where a power failure could have happened or the computer might have not shut down properly which can lead to a file or files becoming corrupted and after that this kind of virtual memory message started flashing on you.
    So you must have a back up source of power and practice to shut down your system properly.

First of all we have to determine which application is causing the problem.
    To oversome this problem hit Control-Alt-Delete to bring the Task Manager,
    We can also access the Task Manager by holding the Control-Shift and pressing Escape.

After that go to the Pracesses Tab button in the Task Manager, where you will see the list of all the processes that are running on your system.

You can see all the memory usage here by this you can have a reference of your memory usage.

This might help you to solve your problem..