Thread: Windows 7 Networking For Dummies

Windows 7 Networking For Dummies

Hello I'm new to the forums, but I need some help. I just got a new laptop, complete with Windows 7. I love it, but I have reached a single snag. My family uses networks to share printers and the like both at home and at the family office. All other computers (including the host computers) are running Windows XP. My new lappy seems to have an attitude of either it's in charge, or it won't play with the others. I have read previous posts on this matter, but I'll admit, it's all techie to me. Can someone give me a step by step, Networking for Dummies version of how to get my new toy to play nice with the others? Thanks.

Windows 7 has may types of problems

Windows 7 has may types of problems because of which you may not able to do some specific work that you wish to do with the components. It is many a times recommended by many experts to not install Windows 7 operating system in the computer because of such problems. I suggest you to switch to another operating system and this may probably solve your problem.

Re: Windows 7 Networking For Dummies

No, I LOVE Windows 7. Again, the only problem I've encountered has bee joining XP networks. And I have seen people post about how to get around the problem, I just can't follow the tech speak. If it came down to a choice of networking or keeping W7, then W7 wins hands down. This OS is awesome.

Re: Windows 7 has may types of problems

Not an option. As mentioned above, the OS can with the laptop.