Thread: Computer not booting using Kubuntu installation disc

Computer not booting using Kubuntu installation disc

I am having the computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system preloaded by the manufacturer. Now coming to the problem, Recently i made the Bootable installation disc of the Kubuntu operating system using the Nero from the Original Kubuntu installation disc from one of my friends. So that i can keep it with me. But the problem is that, when i am trying to install the Kubuntu OS from this Disc the system is not able to boot from this disc. The system goes to the Windows Vista startup screen. Computer not booting using Kubuntu installation disc. But with the original Kubuntu disc the system was able to start with the Kubuntu operating system.

Re: Computer not booting using Kubuntu installation disc

You are having the computer system which is already having the Windows Vista operating system preloaded. Now you want to install the new operating system in this computer system. And want to keep both the operating system on the system. You want to install the Kubuntu operating system in your computer system. But the problem that you are facing in installing this operating system in your computer system is that the computer system is not able to boot from this Kubuntu installation disc when the system reboots. Don't worry this is one of the very common problem that many people experiences during the OS installation. There are many types of reasons that create this type of the problem.

You are saying that when you are trying to boot the computer using the Kubuntu installation disc then the system directly goes to the Windows Vista operating system startup screen. I think the reason for this can be that, This Kubuntu installation disc that you are using for installation purpose is not the bootable. You have made this disc by yourself using the original Kubuntu disc. So it is possible that you have made some mistakes in making the bootable disc of the Kubuntu operating system. First of all read carefully about making the bootable disc before making from the software that you are using for this purpose.

You are using your own made bootable disc by copying the image of the original installation disc of the Kubuntu operating system in your computer system. But i think you should use the original installation disc of any operating system. Never use the pirated copy of any of the operating system or the software. This can damage the computer system. The Kubuntu operating system is the Freeware operating system. You can get Kubuntu operating systems installation disc for free. You can order for this OS Disc either from the website or by calling them. You will get the Kubuntu installation disc in your hand after 2-3 weeks of order placing.

This can be the problem of the DVD Rom of your computer system. May be this Rom is not working properly or it is not able to read the DVDs that you are inserting. For checking the DVD Rom insert some other DVDs in this rom and see that it is able to read or not. If not then this is the problem of the DVD ROM. If this DVD Rom is able to read the other DVD then may be the First Boot Device option is not set to the DVD Rom in your system. During the start up go to the BIOS Settings and change the first boot device as the DVD Rom. After that the computer will boot from this Kubuntu installation disc.

Procedure for installing the Kubuntu operating system in the desktop computer system.

1. Insert the Kubuntu installation disc and restart the system, Boot from this installation disc.
    2. Follow the steps for the installation till you come to the main screen showing the hard drive choices to install the Kubuntu Operating system. Select another hard drive which does not have any operating system installed.
    3. This drive should have the minimum of the 10GB free space available. complete the installation of the Kubuntu operating system..
    4. Remove the installation disc of the Kubuntu after installation is complete.
    5. Restart the computer system. You will get the two choices. Windows vista and the Kubuntu operating system.