Thread: Unable to create system image onto DVD-RW

Unable to create system image onto DVD-RW

I am using dell desktop with windows 7 installed on it. I tried to create an image of the system on the DVD but can't do it. Each time, the wizard starts then gets to the "insert media" notification. Whenever i insert blank dvd i get the formatting media notification. I have already made an image on my hard disk partition. please tell me why i am Unable to create system image onto DVD-RW. Also give me solution in this matter.

Re: Unable to create system image onto DVD-RW

Your DVD RW seems to be the culprit here because every time when you insert the disk it says to insert media. It seems that you have not erased it properly so erase it precisely so i would advice you to erase this properly before writing the image onto the DVD RW. Also please tell me dome more details about the DVD-RW.

Please specify the model of the DVD burner so that i can give you a proper solution to this problem. Also note that some times the software which you are using also cause these problems. To be more precise on this matter i am requesting you to mention the version of the software that you are using on your system.

If this is not working on your DVD-RW. you have a lot of other options such as you can write this image to a pen drive or a thumb drive or you can also write it to other portable medias like the portable hard drive etc. If you have this image on the hard disk and if the hard disk collapse you may get into trouble . So make use of other medias.

Sounds like your system has been infected by a virus which is causing this problem. So please scan your system with an antivirus and scan your whole system and then delete all the detected threat so the virus will be removed from your system. After this you can write the image on to your DVD RW.

I think that there is something wrong with your DVD drive. Also check whether your dvd rom is connected to the motherboard properly or reconnect it and check. Othewise please make sure that your dvd drive is working or not. Because it might be possible that your dvd has been damaged and that's why you are unable to write the image onto your DVD.