Thread: Transfer Windows XP accounts profile

Transfer Windows XP accounts profile

I have a tricky problem transferring user accounts between two Windows XP . I have two employees who wants to swap their computers. So for this i need to swap their user accounts between the these two xp accounts.

Any ideas how can i achieve it?

Re: Transfer Windows XP accounts profile

You can save your profile (desktop, favorites, documents etc..) and your Windows user account of a PC to another on a CD / DVD or USB key.

In general, the best way is to save your profile on a USB key. If you transfer all the accounts of users, files and settings, consider a disc external hard drive. In system tools look for the Transfer files and Windows settings .

Close all open programs, click the button "Start" then "all programs" then "Accessories" then "System Tools" then "Transfer files and Windows settings ".

In the" Welcome "click" Next " Then, select eg "flash drive" as a support backup. Then click "Advanced Options" to choose Do you want to save or transfer.

Select by checking or unchecking the boxes. After you have saved your profile and settings Windows, you can transfer them to another computer via the USB key.

It is also useful if you want to delete an old account in the folder "Documents and Settings" or "User" and substitute a new account.

While deciding for medium of backup I suggest you partition a hard drive as the backup might be quite heavy depending on your choice.

So choose as the image below and enter the path of the partition with Browse ... and complete the backup as mentioned above.

Restoring your old Xp settings in New XP

To restore made backup do the following:

• Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools and then transfer wizard files and settings.
    • New Computer and then choose next
    • Check "I do not need ..." .
    • Indicate the location of your backup with Browse .. then next
    • Windows then restore your files and settings.
    • This can be quite long depending on the amount of data to restore. Finish.
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Here you find your files and settings (Outlook Express, Internet connection ...) as they were on your old config.

Enjoy

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"