Thread: Iball Laptop is not booting from Windows 7 installation DVD

Iball Laptop is not booting from Windows 7 installation DVD

I am having the Iball 1512 laptop which is now three years old. This laptop has the Windows XP operating system. After purchasing of one and a half year i upgraded this laptops operating system from Windows XP to the Windows Vista which i done properly by myself. Now i am again upgrading the operating system of this laptop to windows 7. But the problem is that this Iball Laptop is not booting from Windows 7 installation DVD. There is some problem occurring i think.

Re: Iball Laptop is not booting from Windows 7 installation DVD

You want to install the Windows 7 operating system in your Iball laptop which is currently having the Windows Vista operating system. But i will suggest you to check the system configuration of this laptop before upgrading to the Windows 7 operating system. I am saying this to confirm that you have the minimum required hardware configuration in this laptop for the Windows 7 operating system or not. You can check this from the Microsoft website.

The problem which you are facing in the upgrading this laptop's operating system to the Windows 7 operating system is that, the laptop is not able to boot from the Windows 7 installation disc and the laptop directly boot to the Windows Vista operating system which is installed in the laptop. The first reason that can cause this issue is that, the installation DVD of the Windows 7 that you are using is not bootable. Did you made the DVD by yourself. If yes then you might made some mistake in making the Bootable disc.

If you have downloaded the Image file or the ISO file of the Windows 7 operating system for making the Bootable disc and after that you made this Installation DVD of the Windows 7 operating system then this can be a problem. However you have not mentioned that from where you have downloaded this image file of the Windows 7 operating system. You should always download the image file of the operating system from the website of the Microsoft. Never trust any website other than the official website.

If you have downloaded the image or the ISO file of the Windows 7 operating system then also you are getting this problem then this can be the burning problem of this Windows 7 bootable installation disc. If you are trying to burn the image file by selecting manualy to burn on the DVD disc then this is the wrong method of making the bootable DVDs of the operating system. For making the bootable operating system DVD , insert the blank dvd in the ROM and double click on the image or the ISO file of the operating system.

May be the DVD ROM of the laptop is not working or else the the BIOS setting is not set for booting from the DVD drive. If DVD ROM is not working then you need to change the drive. Go to the BIOS setting and select the first boot device as the DVD ROM of the laptop if it is BIOS Setting issue. May be this can solve the issue. It is always better to purchase the Licensed copy of the operating systems and the other application softwares..