Thread: Make registry editor visible in Control Panel

Make registry editor visible in Control Panel

Hi,
    I have some users accounts in my computer. They are locked with a password. I need some settings by which I can make the folder visible to all if they login in any session. The folders of user accounts. Second thing I want to do is add up Windows Registry editor to the control panel. I had not seen the icons of the same in it.

Re: Make registry editor visibile in Control Panel

When opening a session on Windows Vista or XP, windows files that were open when closing the previous session (or upon termination of the computer) are not displayed. Let's see how close this gap. Forcing Windows Vista or XP to automatically open the folder windows that were open during its previous session is very simple. First open a folder of your choice (you can eg go to Start then Documents). In the folder you just opened, click Organize and select Folder Options and research. In the Folder Options window that opened, go to the View tab and check the box Restore folder windows open at the next logon.

The approach is similar just go to the Tools menu and select Folder Options. In the View tab in the Folder Options window, check the box Restore folder windows open at the next logon. Finally, click on Apply and OK buttons. In this way if your using Windows XP in your computer then you can enable a folder to get viewed on other times also. This does not harms your system also.

The same is also possible to do with the Windows registry. But be sure that you have its backup. Open Regedit (Start, type regedit in the Search field). Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced. Create or edit the DWORD value named PersistBrowsers and give him 1 as a hexadecimal value. To remove the update, simply go PersistBrowsers 0.

With XP, Regedit will be visible in Classic View of Control Panel. Regedit in the Control Panel in Windows XP. With Vista, Regedit will also be visible in Classic View. So by this you can access that easily. To do that click on System and Maintenance then click Registry Editor. Or else add this entry. [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ CLSID \ (77708248-f839-436b-8919-527c410f48b9)]. [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ ControlPanel \ NameSpace \ (77708248-f839-436b-8919-527c410f48b9)] This will just delete the two values that we created during the merger of the former.

You can edit your registry and view the Registry editor in control panel. To add the registry editor to Control Panel, we will use a registry file. For this, we must create the following file with Notepad (or your favorite editor). Just check this [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ CLSID \ (77708248-f839-436b-8919-527c410f48b9)] =Registry Editor InfoTip"= Launch the Registry Editor System.ControlPanel.Category" = 5. But be sure that once you edited your registry then you can face errors.