Thread: problem attaching ms word file in email on mac

problem attaching ms word file in email on mac

I am having a typical problem, Whenever i try to attach a ms-word file to email on my mac PC. It always bounce backs with a virus warning i don't know why this is not being accepted at the receiver's end most probably it seems as the virus protection on the recipients computer is blocking them. But when i attach a pdf document to the email it works absolutely fine. please suggest some possible solution so the i can get rid of this problem.

Re: problem attaching ms word file in email on mac

It seems as your computer might be affected by a malicious program or virus, So i will suggest you that you can install suitable anti virus on to your system. This attachment has not been received by the user cause of the infection and hence installing an antivirus will definitely solve this issue.

You can solve this issue by removing whole program from your system and then try to install it again. Because re-installation will repair all the damages from your application. Else try to scan your system with the help of an antivirus. Remove all the threats or viruses that has been detected by the anti virus.

I think that your ms word file has been corrupted with an antivirus. It will be helpful if you reinstall the application on your system. You can also upgrade your ms office to newer version which might solve your issue. Also i would recommend you to Visit the official website and check out of some solutions to this problem.

Dr. V Guest

As far as i know a virus infection is nearly impossible on mac system. But it's quite possible to spread a virus from the windows pc to another windows PC via the Mac. Which is possible in your case that you got a mail from windows PC which might be infected by a virus (however it does not effect the mac system) but when you try to send it to a windows PC again it detects it and then rebounces this email back due to security issue

I believe that there are no virus that can work on a mac PC but it is possible that you get it from a windows pc. I don't know how much these viruses affect a mac system but there is a free utility called as ClamXav that is designed to scan files that you will be sharing with Windows users to assist in making sure you don't pass on viruses to them.