Thread: Increase bandwidth in Vista

Increase bandwidth in Vista

I just spent at Orange for a connection but not giving me good bandwidth as much they told me. I almost feel back to the good old PSTN

Why can not download more than 1040 Kbs very PROPERTY DETAILS?

In the live box I have reduced the Low Security since vista is not bad but not equipped to do?

If you have an answer tell me how can i improve bandwidth in vista, connection is consistent but i'm not satisfy with bandwidth , I thank you in advance , Thank you again for giving time to read.

Re: Increase bandwidth in Vista

Have you tried to download on another server, like sometimes download servers like Microsoft gets slow because of more number of people simultaneous download. And also you can try by disabling all other internet using application , like instant messengers and sometimes antivirus and antispyware applications a also.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

By default Windows uses 20% of your bandwidth! you can force windows not to reserve that, to do so do the following:

• Click Start->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" and press enter.
    • Now go to Local Computer Policy->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Network->QOS Packet Scheduler->Limit Reservable Bandwidth
    • Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but in Explain tab you'll see : "By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."
    • Now ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will make your OS to reserve 0% bandwidth for its use, rather than the default 20%.

Note: Works very well under windows xp and windows 2000, other OS not tested yet.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Registry tweak to incerase vista internet speed

Here is the registry tweak to incerase vista internet speed:

1. Start the Registry Editor, start -> run -> regedit
    2. Navigate to following registry ky:
      Code:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.
    3. Right click and create new DWORD value , New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value from the shortcut menu.
    4. Name it as MaxConnectionsPerServer (new DWORD key name.) .
    5. Right-click the MaxConnectionsPerServer -> Modify , in Value enter number higher than 2. Click OK to save your changes.
    6. Now, create another registry with name MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server by following the same steps and using the same settings as mentioned above.
    7. After finishing close the Registry Editor to save your changes.