Thread: Disable Login Password via Terminal in MAC

Disable Login Password via Terminal in MAC

Hi,
    I want to know the terminal commands and the steps by which I can disable or change a password. I had not done this before. I want to change password of my MAC PC. But I am not so much familiar with the Terminal of MAC. In one my system Autologin is enabled. Does it is possible to disable the same from the terminal also. If yes then how to do that.

Re: Disable Login Password via Terminal in MAC

The menu Automatic Logon allows you to choose which account to open automatically and will no longer need to retype your password to start a new session, which indeed will open automatically. By checking the box Show menu Fast User Switching as you can easily switch from one user session to another without having to restart your Mac or a new session.

Dr. V Guest

You can also change your password (and index) in the Password by clicking on the button change password. It is therefore very important to choose a word Password quite complicated so that nobody could find out, but not too exotic rather than for you to remind you when the time comes. You can always change your password when you desire.

You will be asked to confirm the password and enter a hint that will help refresh your memory if you forget. This index will be announced by the computer automatically after three failed attempts. If you have a MobileMe, you can change here your MobileMe username and password. Under the Password appear all users with an account as either a director or as a simple standard user (see page dedicated to Permissions on this site), or account Sharing Only, or managed account with parental controls).

By clicking the + (plus ) button (bottom left of this window), you can create one or more new (x) User (s) standard on your computer. In selecting a standard account in the list on the left you can allow the account to administer the computer by checking the box, Allow user to administer this computer or submit to parental control by checking the box Enable Parental Controls and clicking Open Parental Controls tab in the Password. Click on Options at the bottom of the left column, you will see new parameters.

Here are some command line tool that allows the change Login Options. First the commands are login options. This parameter remains constant. For reading the option you have to give -read and in the someway other commands are -auto login off for setting up autologin, etc. To reset your password from the terminal press Apple+S when booting then press #sh /etc/rc then #passwd yourusername and then #reboot.