Thread: Linux and Windows working on a single system

Linux and Windows working on a single system

Hi,
    I want to switch to Linux now. I am working on Windows from a long time. The problem is security issue. I have to keep on installing windows back again after a particular interval of time. That to due to virus and other issue. I heard that if I use a Linux based operating system then that is great to use. So I need some solution of Windows and Linux working on a single system.

Re: Linux and Windows working on a single system

Linux has two faces. There is a party console, and some graphics (Gnome, KDE or XFCE). If the console part requires a little work to learn to use it, the graphics, it is very easy to use. I say quite objectively: If you use Linux in graphical mode, it's as simple as Windows sometimes even easier. But this would be a shame to be limited to graphics mode, because much of the power of Linux (which warrants particular interest) is the console.

Rest assured I have not forgotten! Now that you know a little better what an operating system (OS), I can reveal the truth: Linux is an operating system, just like Windows or Mac OS (for those who have Macintosh). Linux is known among others for its security and its updated more frequently than Windows. But all this, you will discover little by little.

Yes it is possible to do that. In this case, just after the boot screen, you'll have a program called Boot Loader, which will open so you can make your choice. The boot loader discussed here is the sweet name of Grub. Grub will offer to choose between Windows and Linux each time you start the computer. It will launch the default OS if you do not make choices for a few seconds. You choose the default OS of course, we do not impose

As you can see already on this scheme, when you're running Linux you use programs made for Linux, not Windows programs. Indeed, the Windows programs do not work under Linux, and vice versa. Know when it is even possible to run Windows programs from Linux using a program called wine. However, even if it works well most of the time, it is much better to use programs made for Linux because it once they turn faster.

Dr. V Guest

Linux programs are of huge advantage. They are free and you will see that in Linux, almost all programs are free. The software is updated often, and always free. Some of these programs are better than those found in Windows. Moreover, some programs do not exist under Windows! You will discover new features and you will eventually save time while using your computer more efficiently.