Thread: Windows 7 pre-release would never activate

Windows 7 pre-release would never activate

Windows 7 pre-release would never activate, my son says he successfully activated it on 3 different occasions.

Now I live a distance from him, finally have my computer set up, and cannot get it to activate. It crashes every 2 hours as Microsoft says it will until it is validated.

Windows update will not work.

When bringing up the system I get a message to backup my files and reinstall a valid copy of Windows. Keycodes are available here on this site Where to find Windows 7 product key.
    As well as some touting a free Windows 7 with keycode is legally available from Microsoft (on that same link above).

So where and how do I start? All I want to do is get some work done. Can anyone help?

Re: Windows 7 pre-release would never activate

Windows 7 pre-release would never activate, even though my son says he successfully activated it on 3 different occasions. My son is totally frustrated with trying to get mine to activate/validate and says his system is just fine. My son cannot even get my system to crash, duplicating the error messages. But then, that was over 6 months ago.

I do not have a cd with Windows. My son loaded all the software I wanted (weeee!) with this operating system. I do not want to lose the setup my son has. I just need Windows 7 to work.

The product key in the system properties looks odd, not the typical keycode. It will not let me refresh my Windows Index Experience, and I am hesistant to change the keycode without expert advice that this will fix the problem.

Please send help!

Hello sir,

Why don't you try reinstallation? There is also option for activate windows 7 by phone, callup microsoft (toll free) and they will explain you the procedure to activate it. good luck

There must have been some problem during the installation of the operating system because of which Windows 7 pre-release would never activate. One reason may be additional applications may be running along with the installation process. This is why it is always recommended to quit any applications before the installation process begins. I suggest that you quit installation of Windows 7, since it has many problems and one of the greatest problem being the incompatibility problem with many applications and programs.

Not sure where to start on a re-install of Windows 7. Can you offer a link or any advise? I have a lot of the Adobe CS3 suite on this computer. Not much else. Is this the incompatibles?

What other operating system might you suggest?

thanks so far!

Basically its not that the compatibility issue may relate for the same. That is the the applications can be excuted using the Windows 7 compatibilty tools for Vista and Xp. So check out for the thing. Hope that may help you out. You can check out the official site of Microsoft for the activation process.