Thread: Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll

Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll

Hi,

I have a windows xp operating system, My problem is that when I close windows Explorer I get error message, “Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll”. This happens evertime when I close Windows explorer. My computer also hangs and I have to then restart the pc. What is causing this error ????

Re: Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll

Look for programs that are loaded, sometimes that create problem, click on run in the Start Menu-> Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools -> System Information, then Tools-> System Configuration Utility -> Startup. If the system information is not Installed alternatively Start Menu> Run C: \ WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSCONFIG.EXE and disable the unnecessary startup programs, If you have a doubt, then check mark - Hide all Microsoft services.

Try running Scandisk or Disk Defragmenter as it is possible that your hard drive this is a problem that causes the swap file or data files become corrupted or are disabled. Disable or uninstall all processes currently running before running the program that causes General Protection Fault. This can be done from the Task Manager of Windows (CTRL ALT DEL).

If you are experiencing invalid page faults with only one program, verify that it is compatible with the operating system you are using. Also verify that the software vendor or supplier has no available patches or updates to the program in question that may help solve the problem. If you recently installed new software components or hardware, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software or hardware to verify that they are not causing the fault or error.

It is possible that impaired memory cause invalid operations. If you recently added new memory to the computer is recommended that it be removed to verify that is not experiencing conflicts between the newly installed components and the PC. If no report has been recently installed or added to the computer is recommended that you follow all other steps explained in this article before replacing the memory on the other.

An invalid page fault (or invalid page fault) is caused when the operating system or a program tries to store or use a segment / block / page in the memory of the computer that does not exist. This error is sometimes accompanied by the classic Blue Screen of Death typical Windows.

A typical example of this error is: "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll"

To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
    1. Click Start, point to Find, then click Files or Folders.
    2. In the Named box, type *. pwl and click Find Now.
    3. In the list of found files, click the right mouse button on each file, then click Delete. Repeat step 3 until all files. Pwl files are deleted.
    4. In the File menu, click Close.
    5. Restart the computer. The file containing the list of passwords are created automatically when you run Windows.
    6. Mspwlupd.exe Download the file from the Microsoft Web site whose address appears below, then double-click the file to execute.

The following file is available from the Microsoft Download Center. Click on the filename below to download the file: Mspwlupd.exe