Thread: Migrating XP 50 posts to Active Directory server

Migrating XP 50 posts to Active Directory server

My computer is seriously looking to review any internal infrastructure (50 posts under XP, in active directory server redundant) for a full migration to mac os X

We do not have admin system full time.

I am selling OS X as embodied stability, OS X server as above intuitive drag and drop and everything that anyone can without training or administer almost all jobs. All we should avoid hiring seemed inevitable that a system admin has full time.

For my part, I am really skeptical but I know little of the apple world, if not by the hand: it is super expensive

Re: Migrating XP 50 posts to Active Directory server

If there is a cat and a cat pro apple ...

Now if you do not have the skills internally it would be better to stay with MS, the more I think that want to migrate all its fleet to avoid hiring is a bad reason.

The workload on a windows, mac or linux is much the same whether the job was done right at the base, basically, because I miss back on OS X product.

But in any case you will need to properly assess the skills you have, including those of users, and view the cost of training associates.

Anyway, hat off for you for thinking of migration!

The opinion of an admin who migrates 200 posts from Windows to Linux (well 175 I believe) the administrative overhead for Linux is much lower in it ...

In a lab environment research, use of tools used in the microelectronics industry, a little particular. But otherwise, file sharing etc it is quite like that now

Although Linux is my goodwill, I am still obligated to do some windows to be particularly credible in offering alternatives.

And a well designed park windows (especially at lock posts users and antivirus) is not very heavy workload.

This bothers me a little in his project, the idea of migrating to decrease the workload, I have the impression that migration has not been well studied.

Migration to Linux is profitable only if all have been well studied.
    -Economy licenses so it's easy that
    -training, the admin one hand and users on the other and that's much harder to quantify
    -then the software equivalent yet is easy enough but it takes time.

A good solution, which reduces a lot of workload and the cost of the park is the thin client. But it spots.

I have the good part about migrating to Linux, but the questions to ask are the same.

I still think moving to mac is not a good idea.

Finally I think the question for Hamlet is: what software to use, and you exchange documents in what format, with whom? These formats can then be produced/played without trouble on OS migration? Is it possible to change the format?

But it's true that it is unlikely to save time to avoid paying an admin. The workstation is a good idea, and a centralized server, it also helps (but that not need to migrate, just design the network)

Thank you for your feedback

For my part I remain convinced that this is a bad idea but it's still my intuition, or my topic, it's true here is rather linux but I thought that OS X came within the category of Alternative OS?