Thread: Problem in installing Windows 7 64 Bit on Compaq desktop

Problem in installing Windows 7 64 Bit on Compaq desktop

I am having the Compaq Desktop computer system which has the Windows 7 operating system. But i am currently using the 32 Bit version of the Windows 7 Operating System. Now i want to install the 64 Bit version of the Windows 7 operating system. When i am installing the 64 Bit version of this OS the installation procedure hangs about completing 10% only. So i think there is a problem in installing Windows 7 64 Bit on Compaq desktop. How can i install the 64 bit Windows 7 OS in this desktop without any problem.

Re: Problem in installing Windows 7 64 Bit on Compaq desktop

You are having the Compaq Desktop computer at your home which is currently having the Windows 7 32Bit operating system. You want to install the 64Bit version of Windows 7 Operating system. But you are not able install this version because your system hangs between about completing the 10% of installation. There can be many reasons for getting this kind of problem. First of all you should have checked that you can upgrade to the Windows 7 64 bit operating system or not. You can check this from the website of the Microsoft.

You are saying that the system is freezing between the installation of the 64 bit Operating system in your Compaq computer system. So this can be the problem of the 64 bit windows 7 installation disc. This bootable disc might be damaged or there may be lots of the scratches on this installation disc that is why the installation is freezing up after completing little bit of installation. First clean the scratches of the disc or change this disc if it is damaged. And install the Windows 7 64 bit version in your computer system.

Check this Windows 7 64 Bit operating system installation disc with some other computer or the laptops. If the operating system is completely installed without any error in other system then there is very much possibility of the DVD Rom problem in your computer system. May be the DVD Rom of your Compaq computer system is not working properly. think use the another DVD Rom for installing the Windows 7 operating system in your computer. You can borrow it from your friends.

If you want to run Windows 7 64 Bit version on your PC, here's what it takes in terms of hardware requirements.

• 1 GHz or above Core 2 Duo processor
    • 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 2 GB RAM for 64-bit
    • 20 GB Hard drive space for 64-bit
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Suppose if you are having the required hardware requirements for installing the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 operating system in your Compaq desktop then also it is better to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor software before the start of the upgradation. This test provides you the information about the computer system, you will come to know where the problem can arise after upgrading the operating system. So that you can ready with the solution for the identified problems by this test. You can download this Windows 7 upgrade advisor directly from here.